Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Trying To Identify This Coin (Id: Ecce Homo Keychain)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 332Next Topic  
Israel
2 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  11:41 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add sagish84 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone, I'm new here :)

Trying to identify this coin I found at my parents house.
I imagine it's been there for quite a while.
Thank you!

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
13282 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  12:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not a coin, some sort of medallion or token.
( Have asked a mod to move to appropriate forum,
this is a grading forum)

Also to the CCF
Edited by JimmyD
12/05/2021 12:02 pm
Valued Member
United States
230 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  12:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1847bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The bust looks like King Francisco Franco of Spain. Ecce Homo is "Behold the man".
Learn More...
United States
22048 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  12:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@sag, first welcome to CCF.

Second, it looks like it might have been part of a key ring at one point. See this eBay link for comparison :

https://www.ebay.com/itm/KEY-CHAIN-...34504?_ul=IN
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1026 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  3:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice ID Spence. On one image you can see where part of the rim is missing at the same location the flange for hole would have been located.
Learn More...
Australia
14025 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  5:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"XIX.5" is a biblical reference, connected to the legend on the other side: John 19:5

Quote:
When Jesus came out wearing the crown of thorns and the purple robe, Pilate said to them, "Here is the man!"
- NIV

...or, in Latin, "Ecce homo".

I'm pretty sure the portrait isn't supposed to be Jesus. Perhaps it's supposed to be Pilate? As for the chariot-driver, it's inspired by the design on numerous ancient coins, but doesn't seem to have any connection to the quoted scripture that is obvious to me.

Unless it's a scene from "Ben Hur"?
Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise, you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite. - C. S. Lewis
Learn More...
United States
108551 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 332Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: