Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Hello All, What Is This Blemish On This 1968 Penny?

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 604Next Topic
Page: of 2
Canada
26 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  8:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Don007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is the front of the Penny
Pillar of the Community
United States
570 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2021  01:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cujohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With the new pictures I agree this is just stained. The #1 rule in coins is don't clean or put anything on them, other than water or acetone. If this coin was worth anything, it isn't now.
Canada
26 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2021  07:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Don007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK cuJohn Let's just say I cleaned it with water for now have a look at the coin and notice the separation in the columns between the stain and the copper With that being said I certainly wouldn't want to throw away a one of a kind
Learn More...
United States
108455 Posts
Canada
26 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2021  12:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Don007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you JBuck
Edited by Don007
12/06/2021 12:34 pm
Canada
26 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2021  2:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Don007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok so I was told here to soke it in acetone for a couple of days so I did still looks like the second immage and it still looks like the metal is separating isn't this what makes a coin valuable totally unique from any other penny one of a kind thanks for your time and help I appreciate it.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 604Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.21 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: