Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Value Increase Due To Sequential Replacements? 1954 $2's?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 616Next Topic  
Valued Member
Canada
258 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  2:26 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add westy00 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have 3 1954 $2 notes sequential . Does that increase values? Secondly Whats considered the cut off for low serial numbers?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8830 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  2:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Low serial for Canadian notes is 0000999 or less.
Consecutives will sell more easily and for slightly more than individually.
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4932 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  2:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can always try to get a premium, # numbers under 1000 but most of the time if the serial is not under 100 not many collectors care
Valued Member
Canada
258 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  2:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westy00 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok Thanks . One of my $2 notes 1954 Prefix is Z/B . when I look up notes in Coinsandcanada it gives 3 categories .Which category does a Z/B go into ? I don't get the first option which is blank .
Valued Member
Canada
258 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  2:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westy00 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
Canada
183 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  5:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fefimo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The first line. Covers everything but the second and third line. eBay sold is always better for actual prices of course.
Edited by Fefimo
12/05/2021 5:22 pm
Valued Member
Canada
390 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  6:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Talonbat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also make sure you are under the correct signature *A/B Beattie-Coyne are worth considerably more then the signature you have which is Beattie-Rasminsky *A/B
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1652 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2021  5:27 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have 3 1954 $2 notes sequential . Does that increase values? Secondly Whats considered the cut off for low serial numbers?

Sequential notes don't normally draw a premium unless they're tough (1935/1937 or 1954 Devil Face series) & possibly a set of asterisk replacements.

I've bolded "possibly" & underlined "set of replacements" because first, it will depend on your audience (newbie or seasoned collectors?) & 2nd it will depend on your replacements (tough or easy?) For easy to middle of the road EF-AU replacements, the majority of collectors would expect to pay LESS. (Just think bulk buy). For UNC that are tough & scarce, they may pay more. Especially if they were listed on one of the more upscale auction platforms (Spinks/HA).

The *A/B are much better than *B/B or *A/G & all the Lawson- Bouey replacements but they're not Beattie-Coyne nor *R/R (nor the impossible *Z/Z) so they sit in the middle- luke warm territory.

If you are selling these 3 notes to FB Groups of newbies you might get a bit of premium, especially if they're in UNC. But on ebay, you're likely to get less & would probably be better off to sell them separately.
[Just my 2 cents. Nice notes IMO & hope they're in good UNC condition. Put them in a currency sleeve].
Edited by walk2dwater
12/06/2021 5:30 pm
Valued Member
Canada
258 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2021  7:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westy00 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for that response . I have a beattie-coyne $2 * as well but as a lone bill .
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1652 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2021  09:12 am  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Thanks for that response . I have a beattie-coyne $2 * as well but as a lone bill .

-No problem.

BC-38bA Beattie Rasminsky *A/B (188,000) $2 in EF -$24 AU -$40 [With such a low print run, you'd expect higher BV but I've seen sequential runs like yours before so many were caught & that's why they're in the "luke-warm" territory)

BC-38aA Beattie Coyne *A/B (24,000) is much tougher & the only Beattie Coyne replacement. I've seen quite a few in UNC but no sequential runs (like the BC-38bA) & it likely has world demand. Book values range from VG-$25 to G UNC-$600.

Do you have a picture? What grade do you think your note is in?
Valued Member
Canada
258 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2021  09:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westy00 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Only picture I have but the note seems unc
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1652 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2021  4:05 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Only picture I have but the note seems unc

Very nice. Now please carefully place the notes in currency sleeves. These notes are too collectible to be leaving them in an album (or whatever they're in at the moment).

Here is a link to several sellers who sell them on eBay:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nk..._sacat=83274
You can also buy them at your LCS or online at a dealer such as WIZARD (where you can find the pages too):
https://www.wizardcoinsupply.com/pr...ncy-sleeves/

Paper has chlorine & chemicals that can leach into the note. You also must avoid any plastics as they can have PVC which also will deteriorate the paper.

Paper = BAD
PVC-free (mylar) currency sleeve = GOOD (well protected)

(& so ends my sermon for the day)
Valued Member
Canada
258 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2021  5:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westy00 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just ordered some sleeves for all the notes . 2 sizes . the only one that wont fit is the Bank of Toronto .
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1652 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2021  6:25 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I just ordered some sleeves for all the notes . 2 sizes . the only one that wont fit is the Bank of Toronto .

Good stuff!
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 616Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: