Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1958 D Lincoln Wheat Cent. RPM (2nd Find)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 282Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
1258 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  5:37 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add RobO411 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I post one back on 11/10/21 that I've had a few years. Just found another a couple days ago. They look like D/D/D x 2.
Both have two sets of lower serifs. Both lower serifs have two notches.
One D is tilted slightly CW.
Upper serifs resemble each other.
Markers pretty hard to locate. There's one behind bust running N/S.
I don't think VarietyVista #012 is a match.

Coin A is previous posted coin.

I think I'll send in coin A. What do you think?

Pillar of the Community
United States
2727 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  6:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They definitely look like the same variety, and a triple RPM at that. (I'm out of time to tell which one though.)
Words of encouragement are one of the major food groups. We need to consume them regularly to thrive and grow.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1064 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  6:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHI to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Similar look and location to 1MM-029 & 1MM-043. You should try matching markers to those before sending in.
Best Find - 1976 D WQ DDO-001 http://goccf.com/t/382777
Interesting find - 1947 S over inverted S http://goccf.com/t/368005
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
527 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  6:22 pm  Show Profile   Check VestigeWolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add VestigeWolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice. Coin A does look the best without seeing the whole coin.
Discovering the truth does not have all the answers.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
758 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  6:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sarge50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd send in A! Good find!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1258 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  8:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RobO411 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I saw those also.
1MM-043 looks close. The lower serif notches on 043 travel straight in one direction. The upper serif from what I can tell from their picture looks completely different. No markers match.
On the coins I have the notches travel half way. Then another set travels slightly in a different angle. It looks like the first RPM has D/D/D. Then they re-punched again D/D/D.
I'm not sure if I've said that right. But 029 & 043 looks different.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
527 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  9:02 pm  Show Profile   Check VestigeWolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add VestigeWolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Forgive my ignorance, but where do you want to send it in to?
Discovering the truth does not have all the answers.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5389 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1258 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2021  11:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RobO411 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
. If they are excepting, one of the three. VarietyVista, Doubleddie or Coppercoins. What would you suggest?
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 282Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: