Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Big Buys At Coin Shows

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 396Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
474 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  8:01 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add bzookaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
How do you generally pay for big budget purchases at coin shows? I don't mind paying with cash, but I have my limits on what I'll carry.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4144 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  9:09 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cheque or cash with a proper invoice .
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3561 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  10:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Define big budget. I've only ever paid in cash at a show personally. Never been concerned with carrying as it's right from home, to the show, and right back home.
Valued Member
United States
474 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2021  05:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bzookaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Define big budget.

Let say $1000+.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1919 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2021  05:50 am  Show Profile   Check jdmern's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jdmern to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Almost always, cash...
Pillar of the Community
United States
6774 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2021  07:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I go with cash, but then again, I don't go too far into 4 figures. With that, I try to be very aware of my surroundings--at the show and driving home. Always good to be careful.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20560 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2021  07:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cash
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
4605 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2021  08:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I pay cash only. If buying a few items, I break out the cash into several piles with just enough to buy the items I want. Sometimes I'll see an item I want and its over the amount, hence I have about $200 extra in my pocket if needed.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
64364 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2021  08:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Always take my checkbook and around $2K in cash.
Learn More...
United States
108406 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2021  11:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cash preferred.

However, the most recent coin I bought, just before lock-down, was a tad more than my cash on hand. I was not going to leave without that coin. The dealer said he would take plastic for the balance. He even declined my offer to cover the fee.

Considering what coins I have left on my list, I can see the plastic being used again. I would not be that comfortable carrying that much cash.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 396Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: