Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Most Beautiful Coin US Has Ever Made-Need Votes/Images

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 937Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
4463 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2021  5:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fenton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll go with the venerable Peace dollar.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2048 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2021  01:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kbbpll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with the Walking Liberty, particularly the eagle.

I over-analyze and tend towards contrarian, but I've always thought the $20 St Gaudens is overrated. The face on most of them looks like a Medieval helmet, the hand clutching the torch is unnatural (try holding a torch like that), the upper garment - what is that? a sack of potatoes?, her left leg - is it supposed to be inside the dress or outside?, the right leg - where's her foot?, the sun's rays appear to emanate from two different places, the lower left gown - what hem of a dress folds like that?

Like I said, contrarian.
Pillar of the Community
United States
967 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2021  02:44 am  Show Profile   Check jacrispies's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey, at least nobody said Jefferson nickel.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3123 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2021  04:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mdpmedia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
... nobody said Jefferson nickel.

...maybe because the hair style was too far out of fashion or it was too controversial of a political choice that might risk changing the focus of this thread.
Valued Member
United States
451 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2021  12:59 pm  Show Profile   Check pristine2's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add pristine2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I over-analyze and tend towards contrarian, but I've always thought the $20 St Gaudens is overrated.

The original ultra-high relief, roman numeral St Gaudens blows every other official production coin, anywhere in the world, right out of the water. Those deep proportions were downright magical, the face was extraordinarily beautiful, and that eagle defines the word "graceful".

Flattening it was a crime against humanity. The post-MCMVII SGs are not only butt-ugly, they're kinda insulting.
Edited by pristine2
12/11/2021 1:00 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3541 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2021  3:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This is my favorite coin design , Don't you just love her gown .

I'm a bit disappointed in you Tony, no comment about Lady Liberty's feet or toes?!!?!?!

And nobody has said the Franklin half?!?!?!

For me, it's always been Buffalo nickels though I would consider them "beautiful". Some examples are beautiful, but not really the design overall, so it's Bust coinage for me.
Edited by Ty2020b
12/11/2021 3:08 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
4463 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2021  07:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fenton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those who aren't saying Jefferson nickel might change their mind if they saw my beautifully toned BU War Nickel set. I'll have to get some photos soon.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
501 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2021  9:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Ty2020b - I agree that you can find individual examples from any coin series that are just drop-dead gorgeous, often because of nice toning or superb strike and luster. My proof Morgan I use for my avatar is a favorite coin of mine - while toning is a personal preference, I find that one simply outstanding.

While I've posted the following link before (probably in reply to one of your posts), AngelDees' toned Buffalo nickel set I feel is one of the most incredibly beautiful assembled sets of ANY coin series from an eye appeal standpoint. That set sold about 5 years ago, but they keep archived photos on their website: https://www.angeldees.com/pdfs/Ange...TonedSet.pdf
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 937Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: