Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Shipping Insurance For A Valuable Coin Question

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 333Next Topic  
Valued Member
Canada
251 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2021  7:22 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add westy00 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
If I sell a coin on Ebay say for $1000 or more as it's the buyers cost to pay for shipping how should the coin be insured if Canada Post only covers a max of $500 ? Do you have to ship via ups/fedex etc?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4149 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2021  7:51 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It may be a charge to the buyer , it's on you to get it there.
Many different insurance policies are available as per your other post .
The companies will gladly take your premiums and will enjoy
Kicking the day lights out if and when you try to collect on a claim .
They have deeper pockets and fancier law firms than you do .
Best advice is insure to the 500 and self insure for the rest
Or simply do not sell above your comfort level .
Our business is mostly in the USA ( we live near the border )
and there it is much easier to insure coins sent via USPS ,
up to 10 K USD .
Good luck !
Edited by Pacificoin
12/06/2021 8:01 pm
Valued Member
Canada
251 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2021  8:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westy00 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I too live near the border and I have heard some Canadians will go over the border to ship goods via usps . I did not know about insurance within usps being available . All I know is CP is not interested .
Bedrock of the Community
United States
42860 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2021  04:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From what I have read in the past,good luck on getting a claim from any shipper. Maybe taking good photos of the item before you ship it might help some.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
Canada
251 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2021  08:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westy00 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I thought of that but I guess the reply might be well you still didn't mail it . I do keep receipts from the post office but they don't show the address on them . With registered mail they have to sign but the PO worker doesn't input the address into the computer . Only if you purchase express post .
Pillar of the Community
United States
1045 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2021  08:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thecoinguy1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With all the missing packages that I see on Nextdoor.com, I'd insure for maximum!
"When a strong man, fully armed, guards his house, his possessions are safe."
- Luke 11:21
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 333Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.24 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: