Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1950 D Washington DDR FS-801 Unattributed Solo Top Pop! PCGS MS66

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 544Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
1874 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2021  8:21 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Willburton to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Woo hoo, got this coin for $60 with bad pictures but it came in right!

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5306 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
5417 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2021  8:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Super pick! I personally love this variety and eventually I'll pick one in high grade as well. An underrated DDR IMO, glad you're looking for it! Isn't this the second one you've cherry-picked?

-CH27
Collector of U.S. Varieties and Colonial Coinage
Pillar of the Community
United States
1874 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2021  8:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Willburton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dearborn I didn't explain very much out of excitement. I own one of these that is MS64. They are fairly common in that grade but there is no MS66 coin in existence. This coin being already graded by PCGS doesn't even need to be graded, I just tell them to attribute the variety and I have a lobe top population Washington. A very rare score!

Yes CH Though last time I sent my 64 in they didn't label the variety. So I have two unattributed.
Edited by Willburton
12/06/2021 8:30 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1208 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2021  8:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's sweet, congrats on the top POP! Was not familiar with this doubled die but it's really cool!

Sorry, I just realized that I just put Top Pop. Solo Top Pop has a much better ring to it.
-makecents-
Edited by -makecents-
12/07/2021 07:54 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
7652 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2021  9:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice catch! Those split claws look painful though!
How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1874 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2021  07:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Willburton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys. That's my second Washington top pop. I've got a few Lincoln's. I'll probably submit a bunch before the end of the year.
Valued Member
Russian Federation
483 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2021  08:33 am  Show Profile   Check Slerk's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great buy, but what does DDR FS-801 mean and how does it affect the price of a typical Washington quart?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1874 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2021  08:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Willburton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Slerk. I didn't explain this coin very well. It is a relatively rare DDR. This one is doubled eagles toes and the leaf above the mint mark.
PCGS keeps a record of how many of these they have graded and what they sold for at auction. This particular variety has 10 coins graded MS65 and none graded 66. That makes this coin more desirable to big dog coin collectors. This coin being the highest graded of its kind could make their collection nicer than the other guys so they pay a lot for them.

http://varietyvista.com/09b%20WQ%20...0DDDR001.htm
Edited by Willburton
12/07/2021 08:46 am
CCF Advertiser
United States
95 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2021  09:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EScottCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wilburton,

E. J. Here. Hope you're well! Great pick, congratulations!

I'd appreciate it if you'd contact me privately as I have something to share with you.

Kind regards.
Learn More...
United States
108250 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
55412 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2021  12:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
1050 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2021  1:27 pm  Show Profile   Check sheldius's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add sheldius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow. Speechless. cherry picking a solo top pop is incredible.
Valued Member
Russian Federation
483 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2021  02:20 am  Show Profile   Check Slerk's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A manufacturing defect increases the value of a coin so much? Unbelievably.
Thanks, Willburton, coopfor clarification . Now I know a little more.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5306 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4193 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2021  4:06 pm  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As we used to say in Pittsburgh, Yoy and double yoy!!! Superb coin, excellent pick, well done all around.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 544Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: