Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1913 P Type 1 Buffalo Nickel

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 624Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
338 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2021  8:57 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jdford to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Is it me or is the Indian eyes closed?

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
16517 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2021  9:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It does look like eyes are closed .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3561 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2021  9:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
LDS-VLDS (late die state- very late die state) obverse. The effect on the eye is due to extensive die polishing.

Best to post a full obverse and reverse shot of the coin. Curious what other devices have been affected by this. Also important to post the reverse. There were a lot of mismatched dies in the Buffalo series, curious what die state the reverse is.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10248 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2021  9:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tired eyes or tired dies?
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3561 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2021  10:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Die polisher had tired eyes from over polishing dies.
Valued Member
United States
338 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2021  04:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jdford to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Reverse side. Sorry for missing reverse side before, I was hoping in the bed when I posted that.

Valued Member
United States
338 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2021  04:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jdford to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Overall, what do you think of the coin? Type 1 P, but I'll buy if looks good. I can't tell of any scratches in the picture, but anything on eBay is a chance.
Learn More...
United States
108406 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2021  09:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Tired eyes or tired dies?

Quote:
Die polisher had tired eyes from over polishing dies.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
64361 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2021  09:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Could you give us a full shot of the obverse, please.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3561 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2021  09:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As suspected, mismatched dies, reverse is earlier die state than reverse oops, obverse . This one looks AU58 to me, looks to have lightly circulated, consistent breaks in luster at the high points noticeable (assuming nothing is hiding on the obverse portion not pictured). Nothing wrong with a T1! I prefer the T1 design over the T2.

What's the asking price?
Edited by Ty2020b
12/07/2021 11:34 pm
Valued Member
United States
338 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2021  10:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jdford to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Full picture of obverse. 27 they're asking

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3561 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2021  10:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fair, not a steal but fair for a neat example. Also worth noting the broken nose (separation from the nose to brow) and also the obverse clash below the 3rd feather from the bison upper back.
Valued Member
United States
338 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2021  10:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jdford to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, thanks a bunch. I'll send pictures once I get it.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
64361 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2021  11:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree, a reasonable buy.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2590 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2021  7:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Ty2020b's analysis is spot on. It's a pretty solid strike though. Notice that LIBERTY is sharper than what is seen on most 1913-14-15 Buffs.
Valued Member
United States
338 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2021  07:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jdford to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Kind of excited I guess, and I shouldn't be to much being I don't have it in hand yet. I wanted to point out below the eye, what would be the reason for that? Like a partial feather tattoo. Lol. I guess it could be considered a tear drop?
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 624Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: