Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Second Opinion On This 1969 S.is It Machine Doubling?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 587Next Topic
Page: of 2

United States
5 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2021  02:28 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add 77momofsix77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Was just needing to hear something from someone else .before I send I t off.thank you
Bedrock of the Community
United States
42835 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2021  04:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
. I think you posted in the wrong section? Please post a full coin photo of the front and one of the back,as well as one or two close ups where needed in the proper section of the forum so we can help you.Also,please tell us in detail what your question is.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
6796 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2021  07:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, eager to see large and sharp photos.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
19258 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2021  08:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Learn More...
United States
108505 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2021  08:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Your post was moved to the appropriate forum for the proper attention.

Uploading Photos

Free Image Optimizer
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2021  1:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 77momofsix77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes .Thank You All.and my apologize. I have really good close ups on my eyeclops but I'm trying to figure a way to transfer them from that into my phone so I can show you guys these real good close up's ,and the wonderful ((cheap) device that I use to catch my photos and footage.
Eye-Clops digital microscope $35
I buy it at TARGET in the kids toy section
I Really don't want to post any more pics from my phone because it really knows how to take the luster right out of the picture.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8217 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2021  2:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If the lighting isn't quite right, perhaps the issue requires defused light. Try shooting in daylight with your phone and see if that helps.

to the CCF!
ša va bien aller

Valued Member
United States
483 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2021  2:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bumpkin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I Really don't want to post any more pics from my phone because it really knows how to take the luster right out of the picture.

If your question, based on your op, is regarding something along the lines of a doubled die or MD then we don't need to see luster. Just some clear pics from a phone would be fine. Luster only comes into play when grading a coin. If you think you have an error or variety then just post some pics of the obverse and reverse of your coin for us to see.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
42835 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2021  2:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can also buy a USB scope that plugs into cell phones and take pics right into your phones memory. If you have a desk top or lap top computer, you can insert the memory card from your eyeclopes into the computer.
John1
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
64412 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2021  3:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

to the CCF!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
55478 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2021  4:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Forget looking at the date. The spread is larger on other devices:

Unless all devices look like this, it is probably Machine Doubling. Even the DDO's had Machine Doubling on them:

Note the yellow arrows, that is where the Machine Doubling is on these DDO's. So check the other devices with the red arrows on the larger image I posted.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
12/07/2021 4:47 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5424 Posts
Valued Member
United States
483 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2021  12:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bumpkin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Save me a seat Dearborn........
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2021  04:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 77momofsix77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
here you go guys and gals.

Trying to do more just a pain in the butt.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
42835 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2021  04:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Going with that one pic,I see no DDO.
John1
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5424 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2021  07:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Trying to do more just a pain in the butt.

Not a pain in the butt, we just like seeing images of coins - all kinds - all over the place. (In stead of putting up pictures of family in my house, I have pictures of coins and dead presidents)

Quote:
Save me a seat Dearborn........

Got ya covered.. Plenty of room here or there..
Edited by Dearborn
12/09/2021 9:15 pm
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 587Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.54 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: