Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1836 P Buffalo Nickel

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 272Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
338 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2021  11:52 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jdford to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Picture perfect of course, I noticed a cluster under the lower feather on the obverse side. It could be because of the shine on the coin to, that pulls that out more, but wanted y'all thoughts on it.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
16502 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2021  11:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You obviously have the coin in hand . What do you think it is ? I like the reverse better than the obverse . Reframing from a grade call at this time .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
United States
1016 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2021  12:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter4 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe you are referring to the third feather-it is part of the normal design.
Elliot Mitchell
Experienced coin roll hunter with 5+ years in the hobby
My Registry Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/334324/
My IS Type Set: http://goccf.com/t/411655
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/408555
My Ebay Store: https://www.ebay.com/usr/coinhunter...047675.l2559
ANA # 3204217, CONECA # Y-6505
Pillar of the Community
United States
2049 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2021  12:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kbbpll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are you talking about the flow lines?
Valued Member
United States
338 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2021  12:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jdford to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lol, coin is on eBay, not in hand. It seemed more like a cluster on the lower feather than usual, but I think it's the shine that made my miss judgement.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
64318 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2021  2:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A cluster of what?
Valued Member
United States
338 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2021  2:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jdford to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Right below the feather on the tip, is another addition to the third feather. But I think this coin only shines it out more than most I've looked at.
I circled it twice and didn't feel like redoing it. So I left it as is.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1053 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2021  2:57 pm  Show Profile   Check sheldius's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add sheldius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a tiny lam starting or maybe some die gouges. Probably not much value if you aren't already looking for a 1936. Title is wrong BTW.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3546 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2021  01:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tough to tell from these, but similar marks to these are found on the 1938-D 3 1/2 leg. It's one of the die markers for that variety. These look slightly straighter though ( could be the lighting). I've seen this on a couple other years as well. Curious, because it doesn't match up with a clash. I assumed die gouge initially on the 38-D, but now that I've seen this on multiple years, Idk. Might be something obvious I've overlooked.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 272Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: