Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2006 Twenty-Five Cents - Die Clash Or Just Vandalism?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 383Next Topic  

Canada
8 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2021  10:33 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add archerg to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

A friend of mine found this in her change some time back and asked me what I thought of it. I was not sure what to make of it, so she sent me images and I've posted here. Your observations welcomed with thanks.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4886 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2021  12:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Glue
Bedrock of the Community
United States
42745 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2021  04:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Acidic liquid?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Edited by John1
12/09/2021 06:21 am
Valued Member
Canada
261 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2021  06:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ironhorse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I feel this was struck through debris, plastic film maybe?
The devices seem to sit in top of the 'damage' in places...neat find
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
13189 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2021  08:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with John100, looks like it may be glue.
Soak it in acetone for about 24 hrs and see if it comes off.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
507 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2021  08:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Acetone bath before final verdict.
RCNA Member

There's always two sides to the coin if you have the patience to see. -Kathryn Budig
Canada
8 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2021  08:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add archerg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Thanks to all of you for your input.

This image is taken with side lighting, as you can tell from the shadows. There are two raised areas.

I too asked if it was glue, she insists it is not.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
5848 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2021  08:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree an acetone bath it won't hurt the coin and you will know for sure.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2524 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2021  08:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
New photos definitely show something on the coin, glue or something else that has eaten into the clad layer of the coin, acetone soak should clear it off.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
42745 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2021  09:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Canada
8 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2021  12:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add archerg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll return with a picture post-soaking if/when I get one. Agreed that a solvent can do no harm. Thanks to all.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 383Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: