Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

20th Century Type Set

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 76 / Views: 3,587Next Topic
Page: of 6
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1141 Posts
 Posted 12/19/2021  12:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice set you've put together, hfjacinto!
My U.S. Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278808/
My U.S. Classic Commemorative Complete Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278741/
My 20th Century U.S. Type Set - Proofs only, No Gold https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/co...sets/396301/
Pillar of the Community
United States
5380 Posts
 Posted 12/19/2021  12:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys!

Last of the JFK 50 cents. I'm on the hunt for the last 2 missing coins.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
71774 Posts
 Posted 12/19/2021  6:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Love it!
Learn More...
United States
116391 Posts
 Posted 12/20/2021  10:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Last of the JFK 50 cents.
Fantastic!

Quote:
I'm on the hunt for the last 2 missing coins.
Good luck!
Valued Member
United States
60 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2021  1:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T_F_F to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice set! Working on a type set myself...
Pillar of the Community
United States
5380 Posts
 Posted 12/27/2021  9:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Christmas came and coupled with some extra money I got I was able to order the last 2 coins and picked up another which was an upgrade. I got one of the coins today hopefully I'll post it tomorrow. The set is pretty much done and I had gotten to 61 which is pretty nice. But some one bumped me down to 62 which isn't that much different. A fellow collector said to me but 61, that means that 60 people have better sets. I said it also means that I have a better than 300 people that did the 20th century set and I have a better set than the millions that don't have a registry set. So hopefully some pictures coming tommorrow..
Edited by hfjacinto
12/27/2021 9:04 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2382 Posts
 Posted 12/27/2021  9:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The set is pretty much done and I had gotten to 61 which is pretty nice.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11118 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
5380 Posts
 Posted 12/27/2021  9:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Dearborn,

Let me post the 2 coins I got first

If you go to my registry set I added all the coins but just have not gotten them yet. I'll fill everyone in on the next adventures soon
Edited by hfjacinto
12/28/2021 12:05 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
912 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2021  07:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kenwright396 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on your accomplishment.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5380 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2021  09:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First coin is the high relief Peace dollar. Let me start off by saying that in my opinion the current cost is way too high. The demand is probably a bubble and the prices will crash eventually. While I would have gone for an MS coin any other time, I just couldn't say it was worth it now. I reached out to 2 sellers on ebay and one got back to me relatively quick with a good price (the other seller had a better price but it took 2 days to get back to me so it was too late). Its still a nice coin and gave me pretty good points.

The last coin (Type 2 Standing Liberty) is supposed to be shipped today, so it will be a few days before you get to see that one.
Learn More...
United States
116391 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2021  09:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
First coin is the high relief Peace dollar...
Fantastic!

Quote:
The last coin (Type 2 Standing Liberty) is supposed to be shipped today, so it will be a few days before you get to see that one.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5380 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2021  11:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well the last coin has been shipped

Learn More...
United States
116391 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
740 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2021  2:06 pm  Show Profile   Check captainrich's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add captainrich to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ironically, the last coin I needed for my 20th Century type set was also the High Relief Peace dollar, which I received in the mail yesterday and is the same grade as your acquisition.
Hfjacinto, I think we have comparable sets, but we aren't competing in the same category, since I chose the 20th Century NGC set without the proofs. But it's refreshing to see sets like yours that have all the images attached (I have a ways to go with that process).
Here my 1921:

If anyone's interested, here's a link to my set:

https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/369676/
Page: of 6 Previous TopicReplies: 76 / Views: 3,587Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.46 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: