Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1986-D Roosevelt Dime. Idk If This Is Normal?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 530Next Topic  
15 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2021  04:37 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Vengeance to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This just doesn't look or feel right to me.

Learn More...
United States
23224 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2021  07:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ven, is it the color or some other aspect that seems off with the coin in hand? Your sparse descriptions make it difficult to know what we can do to help. Also, are you sure that this is dated 1986?
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
14659 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2021  07:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is an 1980, not a 1986, please change your heading.

Also I don't see anything other than normal circulation wear.
What specifically are yiou seeing?
Pillar of the Community
United States
8034 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2021  07:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree with Spence. Off the top of my head, there may (may...) be some Die Deterioration with the obverse. Difficult to tell for sure given the photos posted.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8061 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2021  11:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another thing to do is to weigh a coin to see if it is within normal tolerances. US mint coin tolerances can be found online.
How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Download and read: Grading the graders
Costly TPG ineptitude and No FG Kennedy halves
https://ln5.sync.com/dl/7ca91bdd0/w...i3b-rbj9fir2
Pillar of the Community
United States
1421 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2021  11:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jpsned to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a 1980-D and the "0" got nicked in some way.
Edited by jpsned
12/12/2021 11:34 am
15 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2021  4:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Vengeance to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok..yah your right about the date, thank you..and I feel like its off center becauae I have dimes that have all the devices in centered positions. And I'm assuming this font was styled this way? Fat and thick?
Valued Member
United States
60 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2021  7:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T_F_F to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks like it was broadstruck perhaps by a little bit.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 530Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: