Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

$50 Aus Note With Ink Splodges

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 799Next Topic  
Australia
3 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2021  04:27 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Timco to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Has anyone seen prints like this before? It seems like ink splatter from the printer source.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
45856 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2021  04:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
. Give it a bit and members who know will help.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1132 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2021  05:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Timco and to the forum!

Could you also post a photo of the other side?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
15833 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2021  07:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF

Did you find this in circulation or is it uncirculated?
Learn More...
United States
114935 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Australia
795 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2021  3:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Basil to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Interesting,but very hard to detemine if its from the Mint or Post Mint.
Need to get some USB Pics. highlighting the spots and hopefully one of the Note guys that post on here can give you an answer.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1268 Posts
 Posted 12/16/2021  12:16 am  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
apart from the spelling mistake it's not an error, as is most like just some ink/oil thats was applied after coming out of an ATM.
Australia
3 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2021  04:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Timco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Australia
3 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2021  04:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Timco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found this note in circulation
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1132 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2021  06:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can you tell whether the ink is on top of or underneath the clear protective overcoating on the note?

I'm fairly sure that the serial number is the last thing that is printed onto our banknotes and as a built-in security feature the ink, when subjected UV light, is fluorescent.

If you could show that the ink splodges are also fluorescent under a UV light then I feel that you would have a strong case for having the note classified as a mint error.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
2055 Posts
 Posted 12/21/2021  6:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Too hard to tell if it happened during printing I think.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3487 Posts
 Posted 12/21/2021  9:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gxseries to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To me it looks like some sticky gunk. If you can scrap it off with your fingernail, then it's definitely not ink splodge.

Photo is still not clear enough for me to make any proper decision.
My partial coin collection http://www.omnicoin.com/collection/gxseries

My numismatics articles and collection: http://www.gxseries.com/numis/numis_index.htm Regularly updated at least once a month.
Australia
20 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2022  10:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack108 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like PMD to me, hard to tell from photo.
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 799Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: