Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Are Your Collecting Goals For 2022?

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 127 / Views: 7,103Next Topic
Page: of 9
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5571 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2022  09:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
3) Set of Silver Ducats from The Dutch Republic.
Have not seen any silver ducats in acceptable condition anywhere from the provinces I still need for my collection (Friesland, Gelderland, Groningen, Holland, Overijssel, West-Friesland). Did buy Lighthouse Everslab to house the two coins I have and made nice home-made labels for them

I assume you are keeping an eye on the Schulman auctions? I nabbed something at the last one.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2555 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2022  12:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I nabbed something at the last one.

I nabbed something as well, a Dutch medal showing the Domtoren of my home town Utrecht.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
873 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2022  01:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silver101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've been laser focused on pre-Confederation Newfoundland for the past 4 years or so and it's been getting a little stale. A new possible obsession is the Gothic Florin. Just picked this 1866 morsel up. They were minted for 35 years...1852-87... maybe this is the new obsession?

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5571 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2022  08:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Easy to see how that could become an obsession.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5571 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2022  9:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mid-year update:

1. Add early dated coins or coins attributable to a specific date from the 15th c. (similar to @j1m's goal). The "guardrails" on this hunt are to keep within my existing collecting themes (Low Countries, coins with images of saints, Poland). 1Q: Added a Florence grosso datable to 1405. 2Q: Added a Florence grosso dateable to 1483, an Utrecht guilder to 1464, and a Venetian soldo 1485-1486.
2. Same goal for 14th century (and earlier if possible) where I am missing 1390s, 1350s, 1320s, 1310s. 1Q: Won a Florentine grosso datable to 1347, and a quattrino datable to the 1370s. Neither in hand yet. 2Q: No progress.
3. Continue to selectively build my collection of coins with images of saints. Acquired a Saint Barbara coin of Mantova (not yet in hand due to Italian antiquities law). 2Q: Saint Crescentius on an Urbino coin .
4. Continue to build the Numista catalog for medieval Low Countries. I got involved in this in the second half of this year, so it wasn't on my 2021 goals. A great educational opportunity for me, but still a lot of work to be done. I will just say that the time I am spending on this has reduced my time for spending money on new coins, and that's not a bad thing given how much I spent the last three years. 2Q: Even deeper in on this goal than I had imagined, but continuing to learn!
Edited by tdziemia
07/12/2022 9:18 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
5476 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2022  9:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Time for an update.

Quote:
1) Get a slabbed 1909 S-VDB to complete the 2 full sets of small cents
Completed

Quote:
2) Get the missing 4 coins from the 7070
I purchased 2 coins, the women's quarter and a commemorative, but am still missing 3 of the 4.

Quote:
3) Get the missing 2 coins from the 20th century type set (may do this first as its the lowest cost of the 5 "real" goals)
Completed

Quote:
4) Get the missing IHC/FE
I did pretty well on this, I was able to pick up 8 and got 2 for fathers day so 10.

Quote:
5) Get a few large notes (Educational, Bison, Native American, Battleship) and the Abe Fractional}
No updates.

Quote:
6) Pick up any Proof Morgans and Peace produced in 2022
No 2022 Peace or Morgans, but I did enrollment for 2023.

Quote:
7) Upgrade any LWC that I can
. Picked up the 1914 in MS62

Quote:
8) Get the 2022 Innovation Dollars
Completed

Quote:
9) Get any Portuguese coins and currency that I don't have.
Picked up 4 coins and 4 notes.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12322 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
5476 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2022  08:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
wow very nice! great update ..

Thanks

Quote:
lots of self quotes too....

I like to quote myself, I'm an interesting guy

Learn More...
United States
118533 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2022  09:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looking good!

My update...

Quote:
2. Finish the extended part of the PCGS Ike set
The four Presidential dollars (2015 P/D/S-PR/P-RP)
1972 Varieties 2 and 3 (which I neglected to list last year).

The 2015-D has been acquired. That leaves three to get. I have both 1972 Varieties on the watch-list right now. That 2015-P is gonna be tough.

Quote:
3. Buy whatever appeals to me from 2022 US Mint offerings
Acquired:
2022 Clad Proof Set
2022 Silver Proof Set
2022 Negro Leagues Baseball Coin & Medal Set
2022 American Innovation $1 Coin Proof Set

On the way:
2022 Uncirculated Coin Set

Coming up:
2022 American Liberty Silver Medal
2022 American Innovation $1 Coin Reverse Proof Set
Pillar of the Community
United States
5476 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2022  10:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Keep up the good work JBuck
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5571 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2022  5:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No acquisitions expected in the next week, so Third Quarter update:

1. Add early dated coins or coins attributable to a specific date from the 15th c. (similar to @j1m's goal). The "guardrails" on this hunt are to keep within my existing collecting themes (Low Countries, coins with images of saints, Poland). 1Q: Florence grosso (1405). 2Q: Florence grosso (1483), Utrecht guilder (1464), and a Venetian soldo (1485-1486). 3Q: Hungarian denars (1469), (1470).
2. Same goal for 14th century (and earlier if possible) where I am missing 1390s, 1350s, 1320s, 1310s. 1Q: Florentine grosso (1347), and quattrino (1370s). 2Q: No progress. 3Q: No progress
3. Continue to selectively build my collection of coins with images of saints. 1Q: Saint Barbara coin of Mantova 2Q: Saint Crescentius on an Urbino coin. 3Q: Byzantine St. Eugenius, St. Theodore and Mary. St. Maurice on a Bishopric of Vienne (France), St. Boniface on a Frisia coin .
4. Continue to build the Numista catalog for medieval Low Countries. I got involved in this in the second half of last year, so it wasn't on my 2021 goals. A great educational opportunity for me, but still a lot of work to be done. I will just say that the time I am spending on this has reduced my time for spending money on new coins, and that's not a bad thing given how much I spent the last three years. 2Q: Even deeper in on this goal than I had imagined, but continuing to learn! 3Q: Ditto.
Edited by tdziemia
09/24/2022 5:42 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2454 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2022  8:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Update on my pickings. Everything has been aquired except the Seated dollar. I purchased a $5 gold and a $2.50 gold for close to melt early in the year, so that was a surprise I couldn't pass up. I've had cash in hand waiting for an appealing Seated dollar for a decent price, have yet to come across one. I am not entirely sure if I'll get one, just because I'd rather use the cash to buy some nice bust halves. We'll see.
1. 1914-D Cent
2. 1927-S Nickel
3. 1927-S Quarter
4. 1932-D Quarter
5. 1932-S Quarter
6. 1918-D Walking Half
7. 1919-D Walking Half
8. 1920-D Walking Half
9. Seated dollar (not 1859, 1860, 1871, 1872)
10. $2.50 Gold (any type)

Next year's goals I will focus on bust halves, maybe different 10 varieties or something along those lines. That way I can join the bust half nut club in 10 years.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5476 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2022  9:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great updates! I'll post mine tomorrow.
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
1027 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2022  11:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have one goal for this year:
1)I have one goal for this year:
1)Fill some of the remaining holes in "Basic U.S. Coin Design Set No Gold (1792-present)". But I'm not sure I can afford to buy an Early Dollar, Liberty Seated dollar. I think I can afford a trading dollar (but this is not accurate).

P.S.Find at home a lost silver dollar 2016 and 50 cents 1876-S.

I should have updated my plans for 2022 earlier, much earlier, around the end of February (politics intervened in everything). My plans for the sets were disrupted.
Now I have started working on 7070. I'm eyeing the silver eagle of the USA and a commemorative silver coin for this set.
Now I have started working + I have some money left from my birthday, besides, I found the ads that suit me, I hope I can make a winning bet and take them to my collection.

So for today my plan looks like:
1)Commemorative (1983-Date)
2)Silver American Eagle (1986-Date)
3)Wait for a package with an unknown coin for my set from a friend from Dallas

And there were so many plans, so many hopes.

I forgot to add two more purpose.
4)Finish my album with US National Parks
5)Start collecting "American innovations"
Edited by Slerk
09/24/2022 11:28 pm
Pillar of the Community
4628 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2022  11:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Silver 101 -I've been laser focused on pre-Confederation Newfoundland for the past 4 years or so and it's been getting a little stale. A new possible obsession is the Gothic Florin. Just picked this 1866 morsel up. They were minted for 35 years...1852-87... maybe this is the new obsession?

That coin has been my obsession forever. I mean wow! How can someone leap into Gothic florin collecting just like that. My first one was a disc with bits of lettering!

Please get obsessed with these coins!
Page: of 9 Previous TopicReplies: 127 / Views: 7,103Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: