Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Are You A Queen Elizabeth II Banknote Collector? Share Which Are Tough, What Ones You Need, Etc.

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 162 / Views: 7,606Next Topic
Page: of 11
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1817 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2022  09:33 am  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That $1000 banknote is a doozy @Dorado! I always liked the pine grosbeaks featured on the backs.
-Thanks for your other Bank of Canada additions too!

Here's P-374a £1 with the first L.K. O'Brian signature:

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11653 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2022  6:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, some serious notes there!
Learn More...
United States
118320 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
22901 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2022  7:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1967 Canada.
1 Dollar Centennial of Confederation.

A cultivated person is a citizen of the world*
Learn More...
United States
118320 Posts
Lebanon
3 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2022  5:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Odziad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very Interesting topic.
i personally think the canada 20$ 1935 banknote is indeed strange (unexpected to have the photo of elizabeth as child) but nice

in 2015 I was seriously thinking to begin a collection all banknotes with the photo of the queen. I thought it will have a value after her death

made my search concerning countries, number of banknotes, prices.. WOW it was a LOT and some are indeed expensive

so I forgot about the idea :)
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1817 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2022  5:41 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Very Interesting topic.
i personally think the canada 20$ 1935 banknote is indeed strange (unexpected to have the photo of elizabeth as child) but nice

-Yes, it is a cool piece of history & the pink "Shirley Temple note" (what many collectors call it) is even nicer to view in hand. It has a steep price tag as about 800,000 were issued (of the small seal example above), 200,000 of the large seal & about the same with French text. Few were kept as $20 was a fortune back then too.

Quote:
in 2015 I was seriously thinking to begin a collection all banknotes with the photo of the queen. I ...
made my search concerning countries, number of banknotes, prices.. WOW it was a LOT and some are indeed expensive ...so I forgot about the idea :)

-There's even a catalogue for just QEII notes which I believe I mentioned at the beginning of this thread. to CCF & hope you can pick up a few QEII notes sometime (but you better make it soon if you want inexpensive examples!)

Here's the last note I picked up before her unexpected departure from this earth. From the wee Isle of Mann P-35a, a £5:

Learn More...
United States
118320 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2022  08:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here's the last note I picked up before her unexpected departure from this earth. From the wee Isle of Mann P-35a, a £5:
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1817 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2022  6:04 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Very nice!

-Thanks jbuck!

This Commonwealth of Australia $1.00 ws the 1st note I purchased from Allen's Coins (as UNC) & posted at the beginning of this QEII thread (besides the BoC $20 which was part of my intro to this subject):

I just got the note back, certified by PMG, and it received a GEM UNC 66 EPQ grade! . (That's awesome as this note sold for about 1/2-1/3 of what many eBay sellers were asking).

It was part of a bulk batch I submitted for certification. Over the next month or two, I will cover how my notes did at PMG. If you're curious about my results, please drop by over at my Notaphilyc Culture site (links on my signature panel) or take this "PMG RESULTS" link:
https://sites.google.com/view/notap.../pmg-results
Learn More...
United States
118320 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2022  09:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This Commonwealth of Australia $1.00 ws the 1st note I purchased from Allen's Coins (as UNC) & posted at the beginning of this QEII thread... I just got the note back, certified by PMG, and it received a GEM UNC 66 EPQ grade!
Outstanding!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1817 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2022  10:58 am  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Outstanding!

-Thanks jbuck!

I felt pretty buoyed by the results of many of my other submissions too. On my 09/08 post (the day HM QEII passed on) the 2 notes from Fiji also received UNC 66 EPQ grades. http://goccf.com/t/412847&whichpage=10#3700547

I also picked up two $1.00's from Belize & the East Caribbean which received GEM 66's. I bought both notes from Allen's Coins thanks to the tip from hfjacinto! http://allensinc.com/coins/

One of my favourite submissions was this 5 Shillings from Bermuda which came back as a super gem 67:

To check out my other notes see:
https://sites.google.com/view/notap.../pmg-results
Learn More...
United States
118320 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2022  10:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
One of my favourite submissions was this 5 Shillings from Bermuda which came back as a super gem 67:
Very nice!
Page: of 11 Previous TopicReplies: 162 / Views: 7,606Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.46 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: