Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Are You A Queen Elizabeth II Banknote Collector? Share Which Are Tough, What Ones You Need, Etc.

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 135 / Views: 4,908Next Topic
Page: of 9
Learn More...
United States
113515 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2022  08:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I just wanted to get this thread documented & I am happy its done & behind me.
A job well done.

Quote:
If you care to share, we'd love to see
Valued Member
Netherlands
133 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2022  08:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lighthouse250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah I'll flick them under my scanner when the working day is over. I'm in Europe so that will be in about 2 hours from now :-)
Learn More...
United States
113515 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2022  10:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Yeah I'll flick them under my scanner when the working day is over. I'm in Europe so that will be in about 2 hours from now :-)
Valued Member
Netherlands
133 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2022  11:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lighthouse250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Alright here goes. First, the 10 Shillings. Just a pity for the pinhole in the top margin, but hey, it doesn't affect the design and in any better grade this note is a lot more expensive than the $190 I paid for it.

Then, the One Pound, which was a real bargain on eBay. I guess I was just lucky enough to pick it up and the auction ended before any seriously interested buyers noticed it. It was the first R&N note I bought and only afterwards I found out it was a pretty valuable note.

Finally, the 5 Pounds. Only missing note in the series is a 10 Pounds but that one is currently out of reach (and not really a priority either).

I hope this has been informative for you, and I'd like to thank you for viewing.
Learn More...
United States
113515 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2022  12:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I hope this has been informative for you, and I'd like to thank you for viewing.
Very nice examples! Thank you for sharing!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1692 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2022  4:40 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Thanks for sharing. Great notes & sounds like you did quite well on attaining them!

All these QEII note images reminds me of this video:
2Rdouvpyhds
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1692 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2022  09:23 am  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I felt annoyed that I left out a note at the very beginning, I had intentions of adding, but missed for no other reason than I was in a rush to get this QEII thread started.

AUSTRALIA PRE-DECIMAL
The first time we see QEII on Australian banknotes is in 1953 on the Australian Pound. The image is her profile, which appears almost like a statue which seem to add many years to her appearance. To get a better idea of Australia's early pre-decimal currency see this bank note museum link:
http://www.banknote.ws/COLLECTION/c...%20AUSTRALIA

P-30 ONE Pound:
I have seen these green/black 1 notes up for auction but for the most part they're common prefixes & they're often P-34 (the "Reserve Bank" later dates). The 2 versions look nearly identical & are easy to confuse. The best way to distinguish the early "Commonwealth Bank of Australia (P-30)" from the more recent "Reserve Bank of Australia (P-34)" is to check whether the text is above (P-30) or below (P-34) the 'Coombs-Wilson' signatures. This 1 note also has * replacements at the end of HA90, HA91, HE91 prefixes. Premiums are placed on the first (HA00) and last (HF65) prefixes too.
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/note202361.html

P-34 ONE Pound:

This note is not that difficult to acquire this "Reserve Bank" 1 in high grades. The price tag is more related to the popularity & the prefixes of each note. Just like its predecessor, P-34 too had replacement prefixes (HE90 to HE99) & has a keen following for the first (HF65) & last (HK65) prefixes. Some replacements are more scarce than others.
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/note202360.html

If you wish to pick up one of the early pre-decimal QEII notes (or other denominations) than I highly recommend you check out "Coins and Australia" website which gives an excellent break down of the signatures, tough prefixes & various replacements to look (plus their approximate BV):

Thanks to all those who have provided feedback & checked out this thread! Feel free to add your examples too!
Edited by walk2dwater
01/31/2022 09:30 am
Learn More...
United States
113515 Posts
Valued Member
Netherlands
133 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2022  2:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lighthouse250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh my. I should just keep my mouth shut. Just bought this one to celebrate 100 posts on this forum

Edited by Lighthouse250
03/21/2022 3:08 pm
Learn More...
United States
113515 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2022  7:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Just bought this one to celebrate 100 posts on this forum
Congratulations!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1692 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1692 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2022  3:38 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I picked up this 5 from Jersey a few months ago & also got the 10 note to complete that series but my scanner isn't working. Here's the 5 (P-9b):

Learn More...
United States
113515 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2022  3:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I picked up this 5 from Jersey a few months ago & also got the 10 note to complete that series but my scanner isn't working. Here's the 5 (P-9b):
Excellent!

I hope you get your scanner working again.
Bedrock of the Community
United Kingdom
10527 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2022  4:59 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very interesting topic with some great examples of notes!

A few from my collection of English notes:

Series D J B Page / Newton 1 replacement note. Scarce: only exists with M01 prefix.

Series E Kentfield / Stephenson 5 replacement note, LL prefix.

Series E Kentfield / Dickens 10 note. First prefix - A01.
Learn More...
United States
113515 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2022  5:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
A few from my collection of English notes:
Nice examples!
Page: of 9 Previous TopicReplies: 135 / Views: 4,908Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: