Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Are You A Queen Elizabeth II Banknote Collector? Share Which Are Tough, What Ones You Need, Etc.

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 158 / Views: 6,742Next Topic
Page: of 11
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1782 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2022  08:50 am  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I hope you get your scanner working again.

-thanks, me too!

Quote:
Very interesting topic with some great examples of notes!

A few from my collection of English notes:

Thanks @NumisRob & I really like your replacements (I think you know that!). Thanks 4 sharing!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1782 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2022  08:59 am  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I also forgot to add this late acquisition, a tough 10 Rupee from Ceylon, (now Sri Lanka):

Learn More...
United States
116475 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  09:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I also forgot to add this late acquisition, a tough 10 Rupee from Ceylon, (now Sri Lanka):
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1782 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2022  3:47 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm really happy to have this 10 Pound from Jersey (P-10) as it completes my 1963-1972 Jersey set (first set to feature QEII). Jersey notes are pretty fair priced compared to Isle of Man or other islands. They're not that common either so it's a bit surprising that such tough notes can be had for a decent price.

Learn More...
United States
116475 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1782 Posts
Learn More...
United States
116475 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2022  4:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here's a recent acquisition. It's P-29c Two Dollars from the British Honduras:
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1782 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2022  2:27 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Series E Kentfield / Stephenson 5 replacement note, LL prefix.

-I didn't get the P-382A above but rather the P-382a 5 with the virtually invisible light green 5 MARKER on the upper left & signed "Gill." The only way to tell this is a 5 note is the small "FIVE" word below "Bank of England." As soon as I saw this note, it reminded me of the Eastern Caribbean States 1993 series (P-26 to P-30) with a similar flawed (user unfriendly) design. I've been seeking P-382a for years. This is a screenshot of a similar note but mine has a different SN & the colour of Stephenson (on the reverse) is very light green too:

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1143 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2022  3:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just noticed this topic, and while I don't (yet) collect world currency, you have a wonderful collection of QEII banknotes, walk2dwater. Thanks for sharing!
My U.S. Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278808/
My U.S. Classic Commemorative Complete Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278741/
My 20th Century U.S. Type Set - Proofs only, No Gold https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/co...sets/396301/
Bedrock of the Community
United Kingdom
10980 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2022  04:53 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've posted this before but not in this thread: East Caribbean 5 dollars 2020 polymer issue:

Learn More...
United States
116475 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2022  08:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
East Caribbean 5 dollars 2020 polymer issue:
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1782 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2022  11:00 am  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
East Caribbean 5 dollars 2020 polymer issue:

-That's a lovely design Rob! (It reminds me of the popular Bermuda series that everybody seems to be going ga-ga for). Thanks for sharing!

This is the final note of my Eastern Caribbean State set (which I paid dearly for):
Learn More...
United States
116475 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2022  2:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This is the final note of my Eastern Caribbean State set (which I paid dearly for):
Gorgeous example!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1782 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2022  6:36 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Gorgeous example!

Thanks "jbuck" (I was happy with it even if I paid too much!)

And here's one I've been wanting for quite a long time that was a bit of a bargain (especially compared to that $20). From Hong Kong, the P-324A, first of the series:

Learn More...
United States
116475 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2022  09:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I was happy with it even if I paid too much!
I have come to learn that happiness is worth the extra expense.

Quote:
And here's one I've been wanting for quite a long time that was a bit of a bargain (especially compared to that $20). From Hong Kong, the P-324A, first of the series:
A nice acquisition and great way to balance it all out!
Page: of 11 Previous TopicReplies: 158 / Views: 6,742Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: