Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Another Silver Coin In The Woods

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 8 / Views: 284Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2846 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2021  7:30 pm Show Profile   Check Paul Bulgerin's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Paul Bulgerin to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I went back to where I found the Barber dime two days ago. This time, I had two hours to hunt the steep, wooded hillside on the other side of the river.

While wandering up and down the hills, sort of swinging in random spots, I found six modern coins and a nice 1941 Mercury dime.

It is amazing to me how many coins get dropped in the woods.

This was the first hunt I can recall where I did find a number of coins but didn't dig up any pennies. I ended up with two clad quarters, three clad dimes, a Jefferson nickel and the Mercury dime.

Here are photos of the Mercury and the spot on the hillside where I dug it up.

Paul Bulgerin
Pillar of the Community
United States
6767 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2021  7:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find, very cool. Wonder if there was an old trail/path leading through that area.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2846 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2021  7:46 pm  Show Profile   Check Paul Bulgerin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Paul Bulgerin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is a path at the top of the hill. There are benches up there so it may be a newer one. I like detecting the hillsides and any old looking paths going down hill. When I found the Mercury I was just following the hill down and not working any visible trail.
Paul Bulgerin
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
16517 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2021  7:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a nice Mercury dime .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Bedrock of the Community
United States
42802 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2021  04:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
1018 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2021  10:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter4 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool find!
Elliot Mitchell
Experienced coin roll hunter with 5+ years in the hobby
My Registry Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/334324/
My IS Type Set: http://goccf.com/t/411655
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/408555
My Ebay Store: https://www.ebay.com/usr/coinhunter...047675.l2559
ANA # 3204217, CONECA # Y-6505
Pillar of the Community
United States
2715 Posts
 Posted 12/30/2021  9:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is quite good looking.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1160 Posts
 Posted 12/30/2021  11:03 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
it's the thrill of finding random stuff that interest me. Obviously not going to get rich any time soon do you use any equipment?
Edited by ryurazu
12/30/2021 11:04 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2846 Posts
 Posted 12/31/2021  7:04 pm  Show Profile   Check Paul Bulgerin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Paul Bulgerin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a ten year old ACE-250.
Paul Bulgerin
  Replies: 8 / Views: 284Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: