Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

RCM Masters Club Membership Fail

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 838Next Topic  

Canada
19 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2021  3:29 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add applesauced to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Anyone else going to be short $900 from becoming a Diamond Member at the RCM because of waiting on an order placed late October. Ugh!!!!
Pillar of the Community
560 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2021  3:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I as well.

Keep earning! You are $797.57 away from unlocking the benefits of PLATINUM membership!

Some of my orders arrive in January 2022. :(
Valued Member
Canada
142 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2021  4:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tender4848 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@applesauced
@jimper

I feel your pain.....

I am one of the lucky ones, I needed $142 to make it to Platinum back in late November.

Luckily the 2021 $2 Silver Coin and Banknote Set finally shipped out to my house. This gave me the final $149.95 to get me to the Platinum level.

Now I'm not understanding the Mint's policy. The $2 set was delivered to my residence when I originally ordered it back in June. The set contained the incorrect $2 banknote, it did not have a Replacement banknote as featured. Mint indicated to me to return the set for a set that had the proper banknote. So instead of the Mint exchanging the set they refunded my money and then indicated a new set would sent to me once they were available. No mention in the e-mail they sent regarding a refund. This lowered my dollar value towards the Platinum level. Luckily the set showed up in early December.

Waited over 5 months to get the correct set. I was also beginning to wonder what would happen if this set did not show up until 2022.
Edited by Tender4848
12/29/2021 7:59 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
955 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2021  11:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add New1954 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@applesauced
I would email your rep and make him aware of your situation. I made Diamond a week before Christmas with the arrival of Splendour and now my membership states: "you are $39,759.00 away from Diamond Elite".....llloooollllooollll that will not happen.

Seriously, pursue the matter and best of luck!!
Valued Member
Canada
313 Posts
 Posted 12/30/2021  9:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rjlavoie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Too bad RCM won't give you the MC credits you committed to in order to put you at the MC level you deserve. Policy change is in order.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2891 Posts
 Posted 12/31/2021  02:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I missed Prestige status by a few hundred dollars last year.

The problem is orders don't count toward MC total until they are charged to you credit card and shipped. So if coins are delayed for any reason you are out of luck.

I believe this policy change occurred a few years. Before then, any item purchased regardless of when they were paid and shipped counted toward the MC total.

I suppose if enough people complained they will switch back to the old system.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7538 Posts
 Posted 12/31/2021  08:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The problem is orders don't count toward MC total until they are charged to you credit card and shipped. So if coins are delayed for any reason you are out of luck.

I believe this policy change occurred a few years. Before then, any item purchased regardless of when they were paid and shipped counted toward the MC total.

The policy change came about to combat folks who ordered coins to achieve higher MS levels and then canceled their orders after they already took advantage of any ordering benefits afforded to the "earned" MC level.

The new policy - MC credit when shipped - makes more business sense, IMO.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
955 Posts
 Posted 12/31/2021  09:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add New1954 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@commems

I agree. Billed and shipped items are what counts in that fiscal year. It would be a nightmare for the RCM accounting team to reverse statuses for the ones who order items in that year and then return them just to achieve a certain level. Remember when the 20/20, 50/50, 100/100, 200/200 face value coins were used to achieve status and receive points on credit cards only for those coins to be taken to the bank and cashed in? RCM stopped that once the "game" playing was discovered.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1304 Posts
 Posted 12/31/2021  3:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dcadon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
new1954
Quote:
RCM stopped that once the "game" playing was discovered.

Not soon enough apparently.
Canada
19 Posts
 Posted 12/31/2021  4:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add applesauced to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I talked to my rep after the multiple delayed order notifications that I received regarding the order.

My credit card has been charged multiple times since I placed my order, showing up as pending charge, and then disappears only to show up again as a pending charge.

When I do receive my order, I feel since it was placed in 2021 it should count towards my 2021 status.

Not that it matters, but I am waiting on the 1 kilo Voyageur.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2891 Posts
 Posted 12/31/2021  11:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"Enjoy your Prestige status until December 31".

Does not say what year. Is it the same for everyone?
Edited by MoneyPenney
12/31/2021 11:17 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1115 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2022  10:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is it the same for everyone?
Yep! I'm pretty positive we all are back to ZERO.
Canada
10 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2022  11:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add slarti42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
why don't you make another buy for $ 900 to keep it ?
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 838Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: