Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2011 5 Oz Glacier Silver / Storage Mistake Or Blessing?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 551Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1111 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2022  01:05 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add captainkurt to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I bought these during that huge fiasco of a release back when. I had a holder for most of them but tucked this one between the others and just pulled them out for the first time to find this. Good? Bad? Love to here some comments and opinions. I think I am going to list it for sale so I can fill some holes in my collection.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6366 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2022  02:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is toning gracefully and has eye appeal in my opinion.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
44602 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2022  03:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
pic of other side?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
19563 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2022  04:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Difficult to get air-tites for these.
So just make sure to keep it away from minor rim dents and dust that can cause hair lining,
so it won't be disadvantaged against others of it's ilk,
and just accept it's toning gracefully.

If you have other collecting priorities, perhaps it makes sense to sell it. At least, you have a good idea of it's base silver price.
And someone else will worry about it's future protection.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8016 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2022  07:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I rather like it. How would describe the overall storage environment you pulled this from--temperature, humidity, materials in close proximity?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1111 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2022  11:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captainkurt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the comments! I guess at the time I just felt they were bullion and due to the release issues at the time I was a bit sore. I did well with my PCGS set that was the first to release and one graded very high which enabled funds to buy these but the whole price fluctuation issue surrounding these left a bad taste in my mouth.

I put three together. Two in a flip and this one between. They were put into a Manila envelope and then into and old blue cloth bank bag. I tucked them away into a large plastic bin with a large portion of my circulated coin collection. Always stored in a conditioned space but humidity is always a factor despite desiccant, which obviously was not changed out over the ten years.

It's almost as if I was trying to tone them! I certainly would not treat any of my much lower grades 'collector' coins in this manner.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1111 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2022  11:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captainkurt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think I have made up my mind. I have some FB Roosevelt dimes on my radar that I like. I have made the listing. All I have to do is push the button. Man! I don't know why I am having a hard time letting go. Something about this one has got me mesmerized.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
19563 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2022  8:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can always get a similar 5 oz at sometime in the future.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1111 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2022  2:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captainkurt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, that was fast! Thought $200 plus shipping would sit around for awhile. Sold in less then 24 hours. I guess I should take the others out of the flips and tuck them away in the bank bag for another 10 years and tone them up.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1149 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2022  11:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nice! some of mine are toning similarly even within the capsules
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 551Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: