Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1896 Indian Head Cent

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 28 / Views: 908Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
8002 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2022  12:08 pm Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I sold this coin and the buyer has started a refund saying the coin has been whizzed/cleaned.

A few weeks ago I had told a seller that he was selling 1864 bronze IHC's as 1864L's and ripping people off. Now I have been dealing with buyers not paying for listings and now I'm afraid they're going to start returns to try and destroy my selling abilities with eBay. I'll let you guys decide if you think this coin has been cleaned/whizzed.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255310706531
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Edited by 52Raymo
01/15/2022 12:17 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1514 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2022  12:12 pm  Show Profile   Check jacrispies's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks pretty darn good to me!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
67598 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2022  12:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful coin by any standard.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2116 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2022  12:33 pm  Show Profile   Check RK55's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add RK55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The coin looks good to me. How does this buyer's feedback left for sellers look? He has quite a large feedback total, so see if there are any red flags (false positives ect).

I guess just take the return, been in that spot a few times where it was unwarranted but I guess that is why we have a returns policy. you can't win as a seller with eBay.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8002 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2022  1:03 pm  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can't make heads or tails out of his feedback left for others. He's a buyer and a seller.

Something like this makes me think something is fishy when you have an old chocolate Indian Head cent that's still dirty. No signs at all that it's been cleaned. Definitely not whizzed.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6366 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2022  2:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm guessing he probably thinks he paid too much for it and he is practicing buyer's remorse.

Just accept the return and refund his money. Move on.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17187 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2022  3:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coin not whizzed and I really don't believe it was ever cleaned . Like stated above , accept the return and offer refund . Stay clean with e-bay .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
United States
2080 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2022  5:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just accept the return and move on.
But good you let the buyer pay for the return shipping.
Pillar of the Community
United States
658 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2022  5:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RedRaider to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks good to me Raymo.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8002 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2022  5:43 pm  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh I always accept returns but I know a cleaned coin when I see one and this isn't one. I can see a bad feedback coming my way and nothing I can do about it. These guys just won't quit. I need to learn to keep my mouth shut when I see dealers ripping people off. Hopefully I can get through this without losing my selling ability with eBay. They're relentless.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2080 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2022  5:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No feedback at all for returns I think.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2706 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2022  7:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It sure looks original to me, too.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2896 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2022  8:38 pm  Show Profile   Check Paul Bulgerin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Paul Bulgerin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks perfectly fine to me, brown with a hint of mint red in some of the devices.

Who knows what's up with the buyer but it looks original to me.
Paul Bulgerin
Pillar of the Community
United States
8002 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2022  8:43 pm  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think he's part of the gang messing with me. They win my listings and then won't pay. I try and message them but they never respond. I have to wait five days to cancel for nonpayment and now it looks like they're going the return route. Won't answer me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
637 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2022  10:48 pm  Show Profile   Check pristine2's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add pristine2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is corruption on eBay, so you have to tread carefully. But honestly not much of it is American in origin. And people who don't pay don't have feedback rights, so they can't harm you.

If a buyer demanding a return for spurious reasons has a western name with a US address and has already left lots of bad feedback, he's just another jerk and not part of a gang. Especially if he has 3500+ transactions. Honestly I would just eat it, then send him a nice note and send him a pre-paid label. If he still leaves you bad feedback you have some recourse.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
11901 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2022  2:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
this coin is not whizzed or cleaned
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 28 / Views: 908Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: