Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1916/16 Buffalo Nickel

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 848Next Topic
Page: of 2

United States
30 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2022  9:52 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add ByfrostClover to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Good day people, how is everyone, so could this be the DDO?! I appreciate any help and education or information thanks for your time have a blessed night

*** Moved by Staff moved to a more appropriate forum. ***
Pillar of the Community
United States
2443 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2022  9:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SamCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can you explain where you're seeing doubling and tell us the reference number you think this one is (assuming you believe it's a catalogued variety)?
My best finds:
1996 DDO-001/FS-101: http://goccf.com/t/372066
1995 DDO-001/FS-101: http://goccf.com/t/376071#3225244
1972-P DDO-008/FS-108: http://goccf.com/t/405558
2000-D Maryland Quarter Rotated Die http://goccf.com/t/394553
1988-P "Reverse of '89": http://goccf.com/t/399390
Massive strike through error on 1957-P Jefferson nickel http://goccf.com/t/402781
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1710 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2022  10:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Even on a well circulated coin, you would be able to see this. Yours is not 001. At least, I do not see it.
-makecents-
Edited by -makecents-
01/15/2022 10:27 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
67669 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2022  11:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
(Buzzer sound))

to the CCF
Edited by Coinfrog
01/15/2022 11:01 pm
Valued Member
United States
123 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2022  08:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spencerj72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Keep looking my friend they are out there I've found a couple now.
Valued Member
United States
122 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2022  09:30 am  Show Profile   Check jadenusa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jadenusa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Frost, you can feel some comfort though, that's a nice looking full horn 1916. Hard to find in that condition.

Spenc, do you have other photos of your DDOs? The one you posted isn't 16/16 either.
Valued Member
United States
61 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2022  09:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tonyqt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are the pick up points for the 16 doubled die Obv. Yours is not the variety. Sorry. Spencerj72, yours is also not the big boy doubled die. Sorry

Edited by Tonyqt
01/16/2022 4:08 pm
Valued Member
United States
61 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2022  09:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tonyqt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a picture of mine also for comparison.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1710 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2022  10:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here is a picture of mine also for comparison.
That is a NICE example and fantastic eye appeal!
-makecents-
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4016 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2022  2:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Concur with the above comments, neither the OP, nor the coin posted by Spencerj72 are the DDO. This is a STRONG doubled die, obvious even in lower grades. Even without a visible date, there are other points of doubling pointed out by Tonyqt, to identify this one.
United States
30 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2022  03:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ByfrostClover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not asking because I think anyone is wrong, I'll take the word of the experienced and lookin to educate myself but inside the 6 you can see it best and that's what made me question it ...I appreciate the response

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4016 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2022  10:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I did see what you are referring to inside the loop, but without shaper images, I personally can't tell what it is; could be a number of things. Regardless, there are no signs of doubling that I can see.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
67669 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2022  10:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With respect, this is simply not the overdate. Not even close.
Valued Member
United States
61 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2022  1:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tonyqt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There might be something inside the 6, but we would need better pictures. Even if there is, without all the other die characteristics it would never pass as the DDO. It would never get slabbed as one and no one would pay the money that the real one commands.
Valued Member
United States
123 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2022  2:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spencerj72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do I have more pictures? Yes I do
The first 2 are of the same coin just better shots
Afterwards we will look at another I have. Then we will finish up with my last one which is low grade. From these and the pictures I already provided you should be able to identify one easily.

Valued Member
United States
123 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2022  2:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spencerj72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I understand you were having a tough time with the pics hope these have helped. Actually if you look at the whole coin you are correct you should be able to diagnose even a well well worn coin. I have gotten to the point I really don't even feel the need to even have the date at all given thi chin, neck, braid,ribbons, feathers, and anything else you look at is doubled just look to the left works for me.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 848Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: