Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Purchases At The Hot Springs Coin Show

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 577Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
716 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2022  11:00 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Our coin club sponsors the annual Hot Springs Coin Show in Hot Springs, Arkansas. This year was the 56th annual show, and we just wrapped up the 3-day event this afternoon. COVID impacted us - two or three dealers were no-shows due to COVID infection or exposure, and the threat of snow and ice today resulted in several more dealers leaving early. COVID precautions (masks, social distancing, etc.) were encouraged and practiced by the majority of attendees.

My impression was the show was a success, despite the setbacks. There was a lot of activity on the floor, both buying and selling, and most of the dealers were smiling as they packed up to leave today. It was also encouraging seeing the young numismatists in attendance!

Though I was fairly busy throughout the show, I managed to find time to walk the floor this morning and make a couple small acquisitions that I'd like to share. I have one new proof coin to add to my proof type set, a PCGS PF64 CAC Seated Liberty dime. It's beautifully toned (much nicer in hand than the pic). The other acquisition is an early $1 silver certificate.

Edited by hokiefan_82
01/15/2022 11:03 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
6376 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2022  11:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice dime and a gorgeous Martha ace!

Loved going to the Hot Spring shows back in the early 2000's.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10469 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2022  04:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice!
1883-O Nut
Bedrock of the Community
United States
44726 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2022  04:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Both are great buys if you got them at a good price.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
642 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2022  05:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations on a wonderful purchase.
Pillar of the Community
United States
664 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2022  07:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kenwright396 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Love the toning on the dime. Congrats on your purchases.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8092 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2022  07:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's what coin shows are all about. Nice!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20684 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2022  09:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Makes me mad that due to health problems, I couldn't go there.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
4332 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2022  11:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dsfreeworld to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice pick ups! That 10c looks really awesome.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
67882 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2022  11:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice-looking Martha - tough note in a grade like this.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1078 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2022  3:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter4 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice pickups!
Elliot Mitchell
Experienced coin roll hunter with 5+ years in the hobby
My Registry Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/334324/
My IS Type Set: http://goccf.com/t/411655
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/408555
My Ebay Store: https://www.ebay.com/usr/coinhunter...047675.l2559
ANA # 3204217, CONECA # Y-6505
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
716 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2022  10:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the comments! I was happy with the prices on both these acquisitions, and both were with dealers I've previously done business with at the Hot Springs show in the past, one dealer local and one from Baton Rouge.

The local dealer from whom I purchased the proof Seated Liberty dime had quite a few PR64's in his inventory. This one caught my eye immediately - it was not only attractively toned, but the toning was a really nice match to the toning of my PR66 Morgan dollar I use as my avatar. Maybe the start of another set?
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
463 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2022  10:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Winesteven to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations on two gorgeous additions to your collection! I'm not into paper money (other than what's in my wallet, lol), but the artwork on that Martha $1 is a knockout!

Back in the 1970's and 1980's, as a member of the Souvenir Card Collectors Society (#808), I had virtually a full collection of numismatically related Souvenir Cards, typically issued by either the BEP or American Bank Note Company. They'd take the original plates, and make intaglio prints that were identical (but just one side) to the original you have, and others like it. For a young man with a family, that was all I could afford. I seem to recall they were released at about $5 - $10 each.

Enjoy!

Steve

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!

My collecting "Pride & Joy" is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
https://www.PCGS.com/setregistry/ty...edset/213996
Pillar of the Community
United States
1369 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2022  11:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
sweet
Learn More...
United States
112441 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 577Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: