Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1909-S Indian Cent Finally, Grade Verification?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 426Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
1509 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2022  07:45 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Just got this yesterday for a good price at a coin shop, and it was the only one they had in stock, I liked it, so I bought it . Now I estimate this to be at around VF-20ish, but it could be plus or minus a little. It may have had an old light cleaning, but it must not have affected it too much...

Yay now my Indian cents are complete!

Edited by mrwhatisit
01/16/2022 07:46 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
656 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2022  07:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bud250r to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice looking Indian.
At least a vf20.
Quite possibly higher.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8031 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2022  07:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Strong VF20 for me. Appears to be an old cleaning. Looks like a hint of woody showing through.
Pillar of the Community
United States
659 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2022  08:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RedRaider to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very good look. VF20 maybe more. A few light scratches on the reverse, but a nice original look for me.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
67635 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2022  10:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree with VF-20. Woodie?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17190 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2022  1:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF-25 Details . Looks like it was cleaned and retoned .Not a fan of this coin , eye appeal 4/10 .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4013 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2022  1:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First, congrats on completing this set

I would agree with VF20 sharpness, but I'd also lean towards details, cleaned. It's toned over, but an old cleaning looks apparent with the underlying color. A TPG may give it the "key date pass" though. As far as toned-over-old-cleanings go, I like it. Not a fan of woodies usually, but this one isn't distracting enough to take away from the details. If the price was right, I'd snag it.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11908 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2022  2:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF20
Bedrock of the Community
United States
23407 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  11:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF-25 details, cleaned
Pillar of the Community
United States
4980 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
67635 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  12:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
On review, I believe it's been re-colored as well.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1509 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  9:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The dealer whom I bought this from also said light cleaning, I thought so also, but it was not enough to make me walk away... Also the price I got it at was not too high either. Oh, I'll at least confess it cost me less than $300.00 and I had plenty of trade material for it!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
67635 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  10:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would not be comfortable with this, but if it works for you, that's what counts.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
23407 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  10:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Over time in an album it should darken up and have decent eye appeal.
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 426Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: