Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1972 Lincoln For All My Lincoln Tone Friends Help Decide To Submit

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 254Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
658 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2022  10:27 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I would never be able to capture the greens, purples and golds in this coin. Does it have a legitimate chance to get 67?

The darker spots are purple and the lighter spots are green, mixed in with gold

A work in progress from my phone. maybe I should have cleaned the phone first. Trying to give you an idea of the toning.
Edited by grospoisson
01/16/2022 1:21 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
67785 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2022  10:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To me, not a good candidate for grading because of the splotchy obverse coloring. Certainly not RD.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17876 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2022  12:12 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm at 66, you need to work on getting the colors out with supplemental, angled pictures. It's really hard to grade from pictures that don't tell the whole story.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17206 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2022  12:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice but obverse rim hit below bust and his bottom of beard looks more like scratches instead of beard hair . A little too much chaffing bottom of jacket . Nice reverse . MS-64RD .I would not send in .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
United States
8069 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2022  1:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I could go with MS65+. Excellent hole filler.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11924 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2022  2:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm closer to MS64RD also
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 254Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.21 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: