Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your $2 Here Even If Its A "Wish List" $2

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 29 / Views: 931Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
3643 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2022  07:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another favorite of mine is this Florida Obsolete $2 note printed by Keatinge & Ball. It features vignettes of Ceres and an Indian maiden along with a large center vignette of a passenger train. The large reddish-orange "TWO" is called a protector and was used as an anti-counterfeiting feature.

Pillar of the Community
United States
4332 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2022  07:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dsfreeworld to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice notes! That FL is awesome.
Learn More...
United States
112116 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
564 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2022  09:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captaincoffee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was a little worried when I saw that first note and the mention of "coolness factor" but the others are great notes. I'd post a couple of my large size $2 notes, but better to just imagine a couple of Coinfrog's notes after the dog played with them in the dirt for a while.
Learn More...
United States
112116 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2022  09:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'd post a couple of my large size $2 notes, but better to just imagine a couple of Coinfrog's notes after the dog played with them in the dirt for a while.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
67613 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2022  09:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cap'n Coffee -
Pillar of the Community
United States
4332 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2022  7:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dsfreeworld to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Frog has some awesome notes
Great thread
Starting the $1 next
Pillar of the Community
United States
3643 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  01:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
An 1896 $2 Silver Certificate. A beautifully engraved note both front and back. The front vignette depicts Science presenting steam and electricity to industry and commerce. The artistry of engraver Edwin H Blashfield. The back features 19th century inventors Robert Fulton and Samuel Morse, the handiwork of engravers Charles Schlecht, G.F.C. Smilie and Charles Burt. This note is ranked 11th of the 100 greatest American currency notes.

Learn More...
United States
112116 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  09:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
An 1896 $2 Silver Certificate. A beautifully engraved note both front and back.
Outstanding example!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4332 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  10:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dsfreeworld to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

The thoughtfulness behind the art of the silver certificates of 1896 are second to none in my book. They're just incredible. The $1917 $1 legal tender obverse and $5 Woodchopper along with the reverses of the 1914 federal notes are right there as well.

More threads required!!!
Valued Member
United States
262 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  12:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add luckyrollers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is my $2 notes in my collections.

Learn More...
United States
112116 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  12:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here is my $2 notes in my collections.
Nice examples!
Pillar of the Community
United States
533 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  12:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mikev50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Learn More...
United States
112116 Posts
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 29 / Views: 931Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: