Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1967 Lincoln Final Choice To Submit I Expect A 67+

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 570Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
658 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2022  4:21 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

With my hand loupe I can't see those spots. The color is exceptional. PCGS says a point can be added for exceptional luster. Unless this is a SMS coin it may be a 68. Anyone who looks at BU Lincolns knows what die polish lines do to the luster.

Images from my phone might not be exact coin but from same roll to give youa better idea of the color
Edited by grospoisson
01/17/2022 7:58 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
44709 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2022  4:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What about the die clash and die abrasion trying to remove the clash?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
5003 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2022  4:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I doubt it will reach 67. I see a rim ding, a few scratches on the lapels and a few black marks. I'm done trying to help. You should slab every single Lincoln you find. You've spent more money slabbing worthless coins and you keep on slabbing them.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17880 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2022  5:00 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
EZ66, shot at 67 depending on luster and eye appeal.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17880 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2022  5:01 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What about the die clash and die abrasion trying to remove the clash?

Good eye! I can see traces of the memorial to the left of the portrait.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Pillar of the Community
United States
658 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2022  7:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
doubt it will reach 67. I see a rim ding, a few scratches on the lapels and a few black marks. I'm done trying to help. You should slab every single Lincoln you find. You've spent more money slabbing worthless coins and you keep on slabbing them.

Sorry to make you mad. I have searched over 1500 hundred rolls (not coins) rolls to post a dozen to possibly make it to 67. On the flip side of your thought process no coin is worthy of 67. 68 coins are a myth. Whether you are done with me or not I still appreciate everything and your advice. I know you are trying to help

Click on the full size of these coins on the PCGS website.
having to resize them gives you a whole new perspective. Full size detailed pictures show what I am talking about. worthless coins are a whole different topic.

Two of the three 1967 ms-67 Lincolns posted on the PCGS website. My pictures are somehow fake when I can barely post a picture much less the correct color. It took me 40 minutes to do what I just posted. I am new but not a dummy. I was trying to get some of you to point out things I am missing. Maybe my title fell flat. Halfjacinto you were the first one to try and help me and I will never forget that. Don't give up on me yet.
Edited by grospoisson
01/17/2022 7:23 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
67803 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2022  8:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't see this at 67, to be honest.
Pillar of the Community
United States
658 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2022  8:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I don't see this at 67, to be honest.

What am I missing? Too many marks, die polish lines carbon spots? Or it just doesn't impress you? I want to see what you are seeing so I can make better decisions. I tried to post pictures from my phone to show you the correct color. Even after you see the color? The coin glows under my tensor light. Isn't that the way to do it? I was able to get a bunch of rolls put away a long time ago or so I think. Most rolls were shrunk around the coins with the old snap on tubes. The plastic would just bend and never crack. I had to peel away one by one. These coins were tightly packed in there before there were TPG's but I am not sure. I was an infant but did read recently that rolls were hoarded in the late fifties and early sixties. It's hard to find 67's from the fifties and sixties. See how many are out there on ebay. A few sixties coins in 67 grade are worth over a thousand and several 3 to 7 hundred dollars

Pillar of the Community
United States
1124 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2022  10:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KYCopperCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I still think your photography is hiding a lot...second set of photos I can see chatter below the memorial.

You need a single light source, and it looks to me like the coin is surrounded by light...perhaps the halo of lights around a microscope.

The lighting makes it look unnatural, hides frosty luster. Look at the photos, do they truly look like the coin in hand?

Not trying to be redundant, I'd like to help you as much as I can. Try a cell phone with a 10x hastings loupe held over the lense and I think you'll have better results than the microscope.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1124 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2022  10:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KYCopperCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also, we aren't done with you, I think a lot of us are on the same page and can't really see the details as well as we would like.

Multiple directions of light will mask shadows cast by imperfections by filling the voids with light.

I use to use a microscope too when I was new. I haven't used my scope in a year I'd say.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1623 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2022  12:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nick10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm with BadThad, 66, shot at 67. For grades 67 on up, eye appeal increasingly becomes a factor. This coin has few dings, but the spotting and die abrasions hurt its eye appeal.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11924 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  11:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
maybe 66+RD
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17880 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  3:32 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The exact same camera I use is SUPER cheap on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nk...0is&_sacat=0

The light I use is also cheap:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...e=UTF8&psc=1
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Pillar of the Community
United States
8370 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  12:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Sorry to make you mad. I have searched over 1500 hundred rolls (not coins) rolls to post a dozen to possibly make it to 67. On the flip side of your thought process no coin is worthy of 67.

On the other "flip side" there must be MS67 coins in 1500 hundred rolls (not coins) rolls, yes?
ša va bien aller

Bedrock of the Community
United States
44709 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  04:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
On the other "flip side" there must be MS67 coins in 1500 hundred rolls (not coins) rolls, yes?

With over 3 billion cents minted,1500 rolls are a drop in the bucket.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 570Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: