Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1974 S Proof DDR Eisenhower Dollar New Discovery.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 935Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1566 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2022  7:27 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone, I hope your new year is going great. I was looking at some Proof sets and came across this beauty. A new one to look for HAPPY HUNTING. The question is should I take it out of the holder for grading? Sorry about the crummy pics.

Edited by Daves Errors
01/18/2022 01:01 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
621 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2022  11:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gsp193 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thats nice! Nice DDO! Gotta love those Ikes! Cant they grade it inside the case? I thought I saw where one of the grading companies would. Or maybe I am thinking about the Brown Ikes
Edited by gsp193
01/17/2022 11:15 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2269 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2022  12:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No credible company will grade in his own mint case. CAC will just say if it is genuine or not. Me I do not see DDO but I am not sure. Let the specialized to pronounce. At this date no DDO 1974 was discover, could be possible to be one somewhere.
Edited by silviosi
01/18/2022 12:57 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1566 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2022  01:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My stupid mistake guys I had said DDO it is a DDR.
Edited by Daves Errors
01/18/2022 2:40 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2269 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2022  03:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can you change your appellatives? And if you know why you ask? do you learn in your life about civism?
Learn More...
United States
23188 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2022  07:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@sil, I'm going to give @dave the benefit of the doubt and assume that he was saying "My stupid [mistake], guys, [but] I had it as a DDO. It is a DDR".

Please remember to treat everyone with civility here on CCF (and some punctuation is always appreciated!)
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
United States
621 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2022  11:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gsp193 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I said DDO as well! Nice DDR! And I am pretty sure I have seen a brown Ike graded in it's case, but I am new so maybe I am mistaken. Thats what I was thinking about, although I realize this is not a Brown Ike so my mistake.

@silviosi.. Here is what I was referring to
https://www.NGCcoin.com/news/article/131/
Edited by gsp193
01/18/2022 12:15 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
6082 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2022  11:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent find,excellent pictures.
Learn More...
United States
111980 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
57307 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2022  12:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not seeing spread on the devices. That would be my concern. In order to a doubled die, you would expect to see an enlargement of the devices. Looks more like machine contact marks, more than hub doubling?
PCGS has an example similar to your coin:
https://images.PCGS.com/CoinFacts/3...444_2200.jpg

Note on it is looks similar to what you are seeing and I feel it is very slight Machine Doubling. So I'm not seeing a DDR on your coin. If you see something similar on the obverse it maybe machine altering what you are seeing?
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
4081 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2022  2:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chuckster 125 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Post your coin over at THE IKE GROUP.com for a possible definitive answer.

https://forum2.ikegroup.info/index.php

*Also check Variety Vista : double die listings

http://www.varietyvista.com/13%20Ei...201974-S.htm

Pillar of the Community
United States
2938 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2022  10:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on some nice separation on those devices. It even has it on the leaf in your seventh image.

And those are nice images especially when you consider they were through plastic!
Words of encouragement are one of the major food groups.
We need to consume them regularly to thrive and grow.
Valued Member
United States
322 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  6:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dowhat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From the knowledge I have expanded through this forum, I see some nice separation in the devices presented. If I am not mistaken the direction looks consistent. It sure would go in my "?" tube!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1566 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2022  9:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone.
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 935Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: