Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

New Roll Of 2021 Roosevelt Dimes. Seems To Have Many With Errors

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 854Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
116 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2022  12:53 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Zilliz81 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I opened an uncirculated coin roll of 2022-D dimes and found at least 12 that all appear to have similar errors. Is this normal for this year? I will post a few being 12 is t much

Pillar of the Community
Canada
2385 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2022  01:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe, but your photos are angle which do not reflect the real things.
Valued Member
United States
116 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2022  01:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zilliz81 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The larger close pictures are from toe microscope
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2385 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2022  03:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The microscope is good, but when we go to much show complete others things then we look in collecting coins. An 100x I suggest to be the maximum. On some devices is hard to know but is just try to find the best. Photos for coins it is not a simple job I recognize, not your fault on. You see very well but not us, I made same thing in the begin.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
45134 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2022  04:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please no photos of your scopes monitor screen please...thanks. Also not so many photos per thread. And I am kinda sure they would be called varieties not errors.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
357 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2022  06:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bugil46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep.
Need better pics.
Valued Member
United States
357 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2022  06:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bugil46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep.
Need better pics.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8526 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2022  07:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
While all this gets sorted out, I'm thinking Die Deterioration may be working its magic.
Valued Member
United States
116 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2022  7:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zilliz81 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I tried to do different lighting

Pillar of the Community
United States
8808 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2022  9:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
More photos of the same thing don't help. I am seeing a great deal of glare in your lighting. Try using a defused lighting source.
ša va bien aller

Valued Member
United States
380 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2022  9:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add shantiom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Digital microscope, not optical, yes? Also, you have the lighting above coin. I aske because bouncing of light from the inside part of the rim is causing a possible reflection of the devices caught by the digital rendition of a real world image. Thoughts?
Valued Member
United States
116 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2022  10:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zilliz81 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know why it's giving such low quality pictures. I tried inside and outside. I will try again when I get home and cross my fingers there will b more clear. I have not had this problem before
Valued Member
United States
116 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  12:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zilliz81 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have one with no light and one with light but no microscope. I can't seem to get an accurate one to c all the details but this is all I can seem to capture. If it's not what your looking for sorry. These dimes have so much shine being so nee

Valued Member
United States
116 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  12:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zilliz81 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The batch before this I was told or just the same as the prior, yet I took them outside with no light except natural with no microscope. I darkened 2 levels in the edit to help c detail..These coins alone are extremely shiny being they're out of a uncirculated roll
Pillar of the Community
United States
8808 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  01:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll repeat what I already said... more of the same photos do not help! Your dime has a good deal of contact marks for being from an "uncirculated roll." Still too much glare. And please, no more screen shots as they are way tooo pixelated.
ša va bien aller

Valued Member
United States
116 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  11:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zilliz81 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've tried taking pictures inside under no light inside, outside..and camera I guess is just not suitable for this unfortunately. What do you take your pictures with? I obviously will b moving on from this coin due to not having the equipment adequate for this discussion
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 854Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: