Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ottoman Paras On Wedding Woman Bracelet !

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 363Next Topic  

Greece
15 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2022  2:35 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add vikelas to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I found this beautiful ottoman bracelet ... the second line are 5 paras coins yeaR 1327 (1910-15) , can anyone recognise the first line paras ? maybe 10 paras ?

Learn More...
United States
23268 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2022  3:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hmm sorry but I can't quite make out enough detail to help ID. I assume this isn't your piece of jewelry or else you would post a close-up pic. Those 5 Para coins are nickel as opposed to silver so I'd bet the top row comprises base metal coins too. Gone are the days when these were used as a store of wealth I guess.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Learn More...
Australia
14262 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2022  7:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The mystery coins might not be actual coins, but rather coin-like items specifically made for use in jewellery like this. SO they may be blurry and indistinct not because of the photograph, but because the actual coins are blurry and indistinct. Notice how the bottom row of coins are held onto the chain with clamps, but the top row of coins have soldered loops at top and bottom.
Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise, you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite. - C. S. Lewis
Greece
15 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  04:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vikelas to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for you answers, I attach two more photos, tughra and 10 number, can be seen more clearly now.

Greece
15 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2022  04:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vikelas to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
any clues ?
Learn More...
United States
23268 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2022  05:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@vic, if you have ready access to this piece, can you please just take pics of a single coin for us? Front and back please. Thx.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Greece
15 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2022  12:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vikelas to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@spence thanks ! thats the closest ... I can clearly can see now it is 10 paras imo but I cant find in catalogs a 10 paras that small 12.3 mm. what do you think ?

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8835 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2022  1:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sap has already provided the most likely scenario.
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Edited by DBM
01/20/2022 1:16 pm
Greece
15 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2022  2:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vikelas to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@DBM , I think this is the most possible scenario, but who spend that much time to do that fake coins lol, it makes it scarce.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 363Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: