Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2009 DC Quarter DDR FS-802 Not My 1000'th But Appreciation For The Forum Is Due!

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 888Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
1113 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  07:56 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add captainkurt to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I started out here over a decade ago. Learned so much! I had put my collection away and raised a couple kids. I have now dug it out and picked up where I left off. Revisiting this site has been great on so many levels. It will be awhile till I reach my 1000'th post but I am very thankful for all the help so far in my return. Literally one of the first old BU rolls I picked up after my hiatus was a half roll of DC quarters. I traded the other half with a member here ten years ago. I found 5 of these in that half roll. I hope the one I traded with caught the other ones that were probably in that other half roll!

Anyway, I want to give back. I'll let this thread go for awhile. No end date yet. I am not a variety collector so multiples of this are not needed. The one I am showing is not the exact coin but came from the same roll.

I just want to hear how this coin will fit into your collection. Whoever has the best reason this will be a valuable hole filler will win it!

Edited by captainkurt
01/19/2022 07:57 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
3251 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  08:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! It is really amazing hearing about how long you've been on the forum, and how much your life has grown and changed over the years you've been on here! Massive congratulations! And here's for the many years to come!

Anyway, I'll be honest here, I mainly collect variety and error cents. I do indeed have a few varieties and errors from different denominations, and other coins that aren't cents. I have two quarters in my collection that possess doubling (I believe they are both DDRs).

So the consensus here is that I collect varieties, but I don't have many quarter varieties. This means that someone else will probably give a better reason to have it in their collection, perhaps a variety collector that specializes in quarters or larger denominations. While I would be estatic to have it, I'm sure that someone will give a far better reason to have it, so I concede.

Again, it's really spectacular and unique to hear of how much has happened since you joined the forum. Congrats once more!
"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." - Forrest Gump
Progress can only be achieved through trial and error. Failure is the greatest teacher.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
45107 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  08:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on your up-coming

Quote:
Whoever has the best reason this will be a valuable hole filler will win it!

Just cuz I like it
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8983 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  08:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll keep this short due to my immobility issue with my shoulder and arm(to which it is connected.

Here is a link to my Quarters Albums:
My Dansco 8140,8143-8147 Washington-Quarter Albums

I have strived to collect every Washington quarter issued from 1932 to present when it comes to circulated, clad, silver, proof, and any and all varieties I can find to add to my ever expanding Dansco albums. Currently my quarter collection has spread to 7 albums and 41 pages of nearly full albums.
I Went so far to create a new album just to hold the Satin finish varieties. Your quarter would fit exceptionally well into the massive collection I have assembled.

I had just last night finished the satin assembly and had photographed all the pages to post up here. I hope you will have a look at them when you get a chance.

I have gone so far as to have to add additional custom pages to several of the 'stock' Dansco albums and increase the size on the slipcase in order to fit the now larger album into them.
Edited by Dearborn
01/19/2022 3:59 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6013 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  08:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on starting back up, being in Canada I don't get to see these too often and it would fit nicely in one of my grandkids albums.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2990 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  09:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats and welcome back to the collecting world. This is a great thing you are doing to pay it forward. Kudos to you. (Similar situation for me getting back into collecting in 2013 after collecting as a kid.)

In 2013 I bought a roll of "unsearched" Lincoln wheat cents online and it's been a blast ever since. Growing up it was putting whatever we found in our pockets into the blue album. I managed to complete the Jefferson album (less the '50D of course) from pocket change.

Like Silvercents, my passion was and is Lincoln cents, especially varieties, and error/mis-struck coins. I've added some other denominational errors and varieties since starting again.

Unfortunately, I missed the boat (it's all about the timing) on this variety since I have to be selective on roll searching due to eye stress. I wasn't active when these came out but have admired all these 25c DC DDR varieties.

Another beginner collector "with passion" for collecting and a thirst for learning would be a great recipient of this gift since that would spur them on and give them incentive to search for more. Again I'll say what you are doing is a great benefit to the forum and collecting in general.
Words of encouragement are one of the major food groups.
We need to consume them regularly to thrive and grow.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1113 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  09:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captainkurt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is awesome! I'm enjoying all the collecting stories!
Silver cents-
Variety collectors are definitely in the running!
John1-
I like it! (Your response)
Dearborn-
We collect in the same manor! I have a huge trade list of business strike coins from 2005-2010 if you need some help filling holes!
Mcshilling-
I have some Canadian cents I have found in my grandfathers collection that I hope to one day organize and build on. We'll have to touch base one day soon!
Pete sprockets55-
I like your desire to spur young collectors! I have been counseling grade school kids and giving pocket change coin classes to get the next generation going.

This is going faster then I thought! I'll have to make a decision soon!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6013 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  2:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have some Canadian cents I have found in my grandfathers collection that I hope to one day organize and build on. We'll have to touch base one day soon!

PM me and we will see what we can do.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10498 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  2:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome back to the forum captain!
1883-O Nut
Pillar of the Community
United States
5187 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  5:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For me, I'm working on 3 7070 albums (normal, errors and varieties) and with the loss of a large % of my collection from being stolen, any free coin would help. Most of the holes filled by varieties are RPDs and or VAMs for the early coins, bold/strong RPMs for 1909 through 1989 coinage and DDOs/DDRs for the remainder of the modern coins. A nice UNC DDR would fit nicely in the State Quarter slot..

Thanks for your consideration and glad to see you back and welcome your participation in the future...
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10280 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2022  10:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Missed ya!
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Pillar of the Community
United States
1127 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  8:32 pm  Show Profile   Check sheldius's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add sheldius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well done Captain. Great contest. I started in 2007 coin roll hunting for silver in half dollars and posting to this forum. I took a big break when I moved into a new job and city. I've been back now a few years, ever since I signed my child up to the ANA YN program and we have began hunting Wheat cent errors and varieties. They collect all sorts of coins I don't, and their collection of quarters is growing since we occasionally find something interesting in change like a 2015 snow on the roof or pump handle DDO. Don't have any of this variety, though. Wish we could get 2020 or 2021 quarters to search for the sweet die chip or struck through! Banks only give us $50 at most a month.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5187 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2022  1:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd like to pull my request and root for sheldius...great coin for his/her child.
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Pillar of the Community
United States
1127 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2022  5:39 pm  Show Profile   Check sheldius's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add sheldius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey CaptainKurt, just checking that you got my PM?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1113 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2022  4:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captainkurt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Keep your out
Valued Member
United States
256 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2022  4:24 pm  Show Profile   Check 3193zd's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 3193zd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So I do collect Washington quarter varieties, but I don't see the doubling on this coin. Any help describing in more detail would be great!
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 888Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: