Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1955-S BIE From And Toning From BU Roll Which Is More Collectible?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 359Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
662 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  07:58 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Just curious. I don't care for either.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
67868 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  09:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure I understand the question?
Pillar of the Community
United States
662 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  11:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Not sure I understand the question?

I see the question as being to broad. This coin has a lot of toning. My computer picture shows a wider range of colors but when I uploaded it, the picture didn't show better detail. Some collectors prefer toned Lincolns while others like the error coins. My question was trivial. do you prefer the BIE error or a toned Lincoln. The answer will be which ever you prefer to collect. Maybe the Mods can delete the whole topic.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6090 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  11:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Which Is More Collectible?

What do you exactly mean?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1381 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  2:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lawest to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Two different collector bases, I personally prefer BIEs. This one is LDB4-1955S-003B 4FH+ as listed on cuds-on-coins. http://cuds-on-coins.com/ldb4-1955s-2/
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10463 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  2:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
do you prefer the BIE error or a toned Lincoln. The answer will be which ever you prefer to collect.

I like both toned Lincolns and late die state issues so for me this example is a bonus.
1883-O Nut
Pillar of the Community
United States
662 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  5:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Two different collector bases, I personally prefer BIEs. This one is LDB4-1955S-003B 4FH+ as listed on cuds-on-coins

That's a lot of letters and numbers in there
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2333 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  5:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Grospoisson (how big was the "Poisson"?).

For the LD is a choice of collectors. Not to big premium on those coins. Who like, like. Me I trade them.

When you come to toning is other story: On toning you has big money pay collectors who look for. In general a toning coin to have value and wish must have all spectrum, which is find in silver, gold small and big diameter coins. The Nickel has some nice but less. Your coin is bronze, less wish in temporary toning coin, because with time will go to deterioration of the coin. In order to preserve this toning, you has to vacuum the coin and the price for this action bypass the price you can have for the coin.

This it is. Do not forgot that the toning it is an action of the environment, and will do not stop by self. To preserve the toning cost about 250$.

Your conclusions.
Edited by silviosi
01/19/2022 5:57 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
8370 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  11:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree, two totally different collector bases. The BIE's are a mint event, while toning by many is considered damage, and as Silvosi has pointed out, toning is/can be an ongoing event. Which do you prefer, apples or oranges?
ša va bien aller

Pillar of the Community
United States
3726 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2022  10:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Which do you prefer, apples or oranges?

That's a nice analogy, although unlike fruit, BIEs and toned coins are not mutually exclusive. I think BIEs are more of a niche area of collecting, while beautifully toned cents have a wider appeal and can sometimes bring the big bucks.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 359Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: