Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1937-D LWC Looks Like Dbl.eye ?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 325Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1322 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  12:34 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add cookiemonster to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
this looks to have a double eye ,and see there is two on coppercoins ,but only 1 pic to go by.and on vista looks like ddo-002 ,any input,thanks

Pillar of the Community
United States
2915 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  1:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add levelsofmadnes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
one of the easiest diagnostic to check is the position of the mint mark in relationship to the date.

can we get a close up of the date with the mintmark?

thanks
Pillar of the Community
United States
1322 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  1:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cookiemonster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
United States
2915 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  2:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add levelsofmadnes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for the picture.

well, I can say easily by the position of the mint mark, it aint any of those listed on the websites.

hard to tell if that is a double eyelid with the picture you provided

you might need to take a picture of the eye at a different angle or with a little more light in that area.

depth perception from that picture is hard to figure out.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
57376 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  2:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not a match:
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
1322 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  2:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cookiemonster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks so don't match ,here some more pics

Pillar of the Community
United States
2915 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  2:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add levelsofmadnes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nice close up pictures.. next time try to flip the right side up before posting.

i cant tell if it is a double eyelid ... maybe someone with more experience will chime in.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
57376 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  7:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It maybe an issue with Machine Doubling, or an issue with channeling on the die and a DDO? Hard to tell for sure on the images. But it is not a match to DDO-002. So the jury is still out so far on this one.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
8370 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  11:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why side-ways photos? I agree, not seeing a doubled eye, sorry.
ça va bien aller

Pillar of the Community
United States
1322 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2022  06:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cookiemonster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
levelsofmadnes had asked for photos of the eye at a different angle , but it's the tip of the eye lid that I was ?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1322 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2022  12:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cookiemonster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
this is a die clash

Pillar of the Community
United States
583 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2022  1:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CentSation to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is also the possibility of MDD known for that year.

Looks like there might be a slight clash around the E of ONE.
Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves -- Witch Hunt
Edited by CentSation
02/27/2022 1:15 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1322 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2022  1:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cookiemonster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
coop not asking about rpm , looking at the ddo-002
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 325Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: