Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ten Days Of Your Favorite Coins

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 237 / Views: 6,173Next Topic
Page: of 16
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
3953 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  1:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Day 6 for me is another hometown hero - the 1949 Royal Visit Crown, as you all may know I brought a few of these recently and spread the love around with them. My own example is one of the few UNC ones.

Excusing the stain on the head - this is an outstanding piece and one of my favourites as it also ticks the box for huge silver coin.

Just 4 more coins and so many candidates. I promise to include at least 1 American coin as I genuinely love it as well as appeasing the majority here and one coin not from NZ, Australia or Britain.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9468 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  2:04 pm  Show Profile   Check paralyse's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Day 6

2021 marked 100 years since the last Morgan dollars were struck in the US.

I have a lot of Morgan dollars that I would call "favorites" but this one is high up on that list because of the beautiful toning (and the massive obverse die crack!)
I might post one of the others later.

1883-O (New Orleans) in a PCGS "Rattler" holder. VAM 39A for those interested.

Longhorn Coins & Exonumia
Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC - CCT #890

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Pillar of the Community
United States
2307 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  3:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
the beautiful toning (and the massive obverse die crack!)

Beauty! Gotta love those die cracks - that's what I always look for and why I prefer the "O" mints...
"Nummi rari mira sunt, si sumptus ferre potes." - Christophorus filius Scotiae
Learn More...
United States
113522 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1359 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  4:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AcesKings to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just like the toning on this one.....

Learn More...
United States
113522 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  4:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Just like the toning on this one.....
That looks quite amazing!
Learn More...
United States
23706 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  8:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is great toning @aces, although I also like @para's toned Morgans, @bump's toned cent, and @mud's toned half dollar too. Even @pt's crown has some toning on it! Definitely one of the themes for today's coins.

Not so much for this Judean Prutah from 67-68 AD. Rather than describing it as "toned", "encrusted" is more accurate. However, it is another hand-me-down and I think the world of it.

"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Valued Member
Canada
248 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  8:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 4mile123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7771 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  11:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another favorite in my collection is the 1935 Silver Dollar of Canada. It's Canada's first commemorative coin and it features a very regal portrait of King George V on its obverse and Emanuel Hahn's Voyageur design - IMO, a timeless classic - on its reverse. Overall, I think the coin's designs are among Canada's best!

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
20731 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  12:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1911-2011 Canada
1 Dollar - Elizabeth II Parks Canada.

(In random order : Coin # 07)
A cultivated person is a citizen of the world*
Pillar of the Community
United States
6454 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  12:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oregon trail half dollars, great design.

Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
3953 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  01:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Commems - I agree, the portrait is the Percy Metcalfe one from 1932 designed for the Rhodesian coinage of that time. It was then adopted for New Zealand in 1933 and Mauritius/Fiji/Seychelles in 1934. In 1935 it was also used on the Australian "Melbourne Florin" (One of which you can see on Page 7).

The Voyageur design is iconic too.

Todays coin from me will be American - but a bit later.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
Bedrock of the Community
United Kingdom
10531 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  03:40 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This has to be in my Top Ten!

muddler - love the Oregon Trail, hope to get one some day!
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
3953 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  03:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Day 7 and I present my American beauty. This I got super cheap in a bulk collection buy in over 2 years ago before covid became a thing!

1917 Type 1 Standing Liberty quarter complete with her ta tas.

It would have to be AU or at least EF British standards, a nice coin for the price and probably my best American piece (Okay its not a commem half or a St. Gaudens - thanks NR).
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3932 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  04:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice coin Princetane. :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,800 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Page: of 16 Previous TopicReplies: 237 / Views: 6,173Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: