Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ten Days Of Your Favorite Coins

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 237 / Views: 6,174Next Topic
Page: of 16
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3932 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  04:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My 7th coins is from the land of the long white cloud, or the land of Princtane. :)

New Zealand 2015 50 cent coin commemorating the ANZAC soldiers.
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,800 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Pillar of the Community
United States
5119 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  07:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Time to do a coin that is not a commemorative. I always liked Lincoln Wheat Cents. This was one of the first coins I was given when we moved to the US. I like all the colors they can become over time and I like the steel cents of 1943. Since I like all here is a picture of my Dansco Wheat album.

If its just one coin, here is a pretty LWC in Proof.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2307 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  09:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
About six years ago, my uncle presented me an old WWII pilot's leather satchel for my birthday. He knows I'm a history buff and the satchel belonged to HIS uncle. I thanked him, of course, and picked up the case. It must have weighed 30-40 pounds. When I opened it, there were piles and piles of coins inside.

I went through the stash (I've since named the "Uncle Rick Hoard") and found mostly pocket change constitutional silver - hundreds of Walkers, Franklins, Kennedys, Washingtons, Roosevelts, Mercurys. There were a few older coins sprinkled in such as a Seated Liberty half dollar, Bust dime, Shield nickels, Indian Head cents, etc.

Amongst the items I recognized were a few that I did not. The one I present today would turn out to be my first So-Called Dollar. I didn't know a thing about them at the time, but have since made them one of the focuses of my collecting endeavors. So, here's to Uncle Rick and his generosity!

HK-452 HR
U.S. SESQUICENTENNIAL EXPOSITION / 1926 / PHILADELPHIA, PA

"Nummi rari mira sunt, si sumptus ferre potes." - Christophorus filius Scotiae
Learn More...
United States
113522 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  09:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fantastic examples for Day 7!

My Ike for this day is this golden toned beauty I bought from Darth Morgan for my 49th back in October 2018. It is my most expensive Ike to date.

(And likely will remain until I find the 1972 Variety II of my dreams.)

1978-D Eisenhower dollar

Valued Member
Canada
289 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  12:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ironhorse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Day 7

Heres another coin that was given to me.
Give or take twenty five years ago I hired two guys who literally 'jumped ship', they were Latvian sailors who decided to move to Canada...last minute from a freighter they worked on. Not having any credentials for their trades that were accepted in Canada at that time, I hired them to give them income and a foothold in a new country.
Long story short, I asked if they had any 'change' from their homeland and since I didnt have any Latvian coins in my world collection they offered me this and a few other small denomination coins.
I'm reminded of Vladimirs and Slava when I see this one in my world binder. Good times!

Learn More...
United States
113522 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1359 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  4:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AcesKings to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1829/27

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
20731 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  4:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My Ike for this day is this golden toned beauty

Very nice !
A cultivated person is a citizen of the world*
Learn More...
United States
113522 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  4:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good looking half dollar, AcesKings.

Thank you, Dorado.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7771 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  5:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A favorite gold medal from my collection - the 1925 Norse-American Centennial gold medal. Mintage: 47 pieces (net).

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Edited by commems
01/28/2022 5:15 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3952 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  5:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Late to the party

Pillar of the Community
United States
2307 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  6:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
1925 Norse-American Centennial gold medal.

Quite the treasure! I've had the silver version high on my want list for a while. Thanks for sharing.
"Nummi rari mira sunt, si sumptus ferre potes." - Christophorus filius Scotiae
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2394 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  8:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add t360 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lucania, Metapontion, AR Nomos, c.330-290 BC

obv: Head of Demeter, facing left
rev: 7-grain Barley ear
I like the toning on this one

Learn More...
United States
23706 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  8:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This Tet from Athens is definitely among my top 10 coins. Exhumed it from the NGC slab as soon as I got it.

"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2394 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  8:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add t360 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Spence that's a beautiful classic!
Page: of 16 Previous TopicReplies: 237 / Views: 6,174Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: