Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ten Days Of Your Favorite Coins

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 237 / Views: 5,794Next Topic
Page: of 16
Pillar of the Community
United States
6444 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  04:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Poor start for me as I was out of touch with my computer. I missed two days so two bust halves.

Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
3823 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  04:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Day 3 we move out to the United Kingdom. Yes it is the 2nd halfcrown, but this one is very historic and proof my collecting goes beyond 20th century items.

1687 Halfcrown of England, James II - an unpopular ruler, but a scarce coin (Historically cleaned Fine). Coins were only issued for 4 years with his head (Apart from Irish Gunmoney which dragged out for 3 more).

This coin became mine after a drawn out bidding battle with one of my coin collecting acquaintances, who is a real 17th century obsessive person. Means that if a coin is 17th century and from anywhere in the British Isles, he wants it.

Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Edited by Princetane
01/24/2022 04:24 am
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3831 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  04:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My third coin is a 1884-O Morgan.

View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,800 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7518 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  06:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Number 3 for me is a US Gold Half Eagle commemorative coin from 1987 - it was issued to help mark the 200th anniversary of the signing of the US Constitution by the delegates of the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia.

I really like the eagle design on the obverse.

1987 US Constitution Bicentennial Gold Half Eagle

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4974 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  07:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Number 3 for me is the American Silver Eagle. The walking liberty on the classic 50 cents is a beautiful coin, enlarging it to fit the 1 ounce ASE brings out the details. Of all the ASE, the Enhanced Reverse Proof is one of the prettiest.

Bedrock of the Community
United Kingdom
10316 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  09:10 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My third coin - 1847 Gothic crown:

Pillar of the Community
United States
6444 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  10:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
NumisRob great Florin, hfjacinto the 2019 s reverse inhanced proof I was lucky enough to get from the mint too.
Valued Member
Canada
288 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  10:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ironhorse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Day 3
I grew up in the 1970s and 80s in a small port town in Maritime Canada, at that time there might be a ship from anywhere in the world tied up at the wharf. When a new ship showed up quite often there would be world coins circulating around town. Sometimes if your talked to the sailors they would give away coins they picked up on their travels around the globe.
This is one coin I got from a Russian 'kid' one day, I say kid because he was one of the regular seaman on a freighter and he was fourteen, I was only a couple of months younger than him at the time. I remembered him and the coins we traded, he got thirty Canadian cents I believe and got this 5 Bolivar coin and a Yugoslavian dinar.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2230 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  11:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is my example for day three. This is still my only large cent and came from an elderly family member when I was a child. They had dutifully tried to preserve the original surfaces by wrapping it in adhesive tape. I tried to remove the decades of residue with acetone and was only fractionally successful. But, this coin has definite sentimental value and educated me on the attribution of late-date large cents (quite an undertaking if you every try - I was fortunate that Bob Grellman reviewed the photos and gave me his answer!)

"Nummi rari mira sunt, si sumptus ferre potes." - Christophorus filius Scotiae
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
3823 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  12:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
NumisRob - that crown is one of your favourites and I can safely say, its one of my favourites too!
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6444 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  1:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Favorite third day, just love cameo Franklins.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2394 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  1:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add t360 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Really enjoying all these favorites and the stories behind them.
@NumisRob wonderful Gothic crown
Learn More...
United States
112116 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  2:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Spent the weekend offline with my low-tech Commodore 128, so I need to catch up.

Coin 1 (Day 1 catch-up)

This was the first "big purchase" for my Dansco 7070. I bought this at a coin show in October 2010.

1827 Capped Bust half dollar

Learn More...
United States
112116 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  2:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coin 2 (Day 2 catch-up)

This was the second "big purchase" for my Dansco 7070 back. I bought this at coin show in October 2014.

1875-S Twenty Cents

Learn More...
United States
112116 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  2:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Day 3

This was the second "big purchase" for my Dansco 7070. I bought this from TypeCoin971793 back in November 2016.

1877-S Trade dollar

Page: of 16 Previous TopicReplies: 237 / Views: 5,794Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: