Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ten Days Of Your Favorite Coins

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 237 / Views: 5,793Next Topic
Page: of 16
Pillar of the Community
United States
4964 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  08:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Everyone has great stories of why they collected a certain coin, I'm pretty shallow, I really like Bison's on coin, hence we have a coin with a bison. It being made out of Silver and large makes it better.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2228 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  08:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Happy Australia Day to our friends on the far side of the world. I have a few Australian coins but no photos to share.

So, for day five I will post this 1828 12-Star Half Cent. This was my first Half Cent and one of only three I now curate. Don't you just love the flourish of the "2"?

I've said this multiple times, but this coin is a reminder to me that we are all human - sometimes our mistakes daylight in ways that we can all laugh at nearly two hundred years after the fact!

"Nummi rari mira sunt, si sumptus ferre potes." - Christophorus filius Scotiae
Pillar of the Community
United States
2228 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  09:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
1927 Parliament Florin.

Beauty!
"Nummi rari mira sunt, si sumptus ferre potes." - Christophorus filius Scotiae
Learn More...
United States
112066 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  10:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Day 5!

Who is ready for the Ikes?

This is the one that started me down the path of building a set of PCGS graded Ikes. I bought this from Bobby back in September 2016.

1976-S 40% Silver Eisenhower dollar

Bedrock of the Community
United States
23407 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  11:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Panamanian Balboa as been my favorite for may years

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
20451 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  12:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1844 UK.
1 Penny - Victoria Model

( In random order : Coin # 05)
A cultivated person is a citizen of the world*
Learn More...
United States
112066 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1353 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  3:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AcesKings to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wait.....it took JBuck till day 5 to post an Ike?

Learn More...
United States
112066 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  4:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Wait.....it took JBuck till day 5 to post an Ike?
I wanted to show off the heavy hitters from the 7070 first.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2394 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  4:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add t360 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This beautiful Australian crown was sent to me in trade for a French ecu by @Sap, probably more than 10 years ago.

I seem to recall that in the early days of CCF there was a requirement for members to own at least one Australian coin.

Happy Australia Day!
Edited by t360
01/26/2022 4:59 pm
Learn More...
United States
112066 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  5:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This beautiful Australian crown was sent to me in trade for a French ecu by @Sap, probably more than 10 years ago.
Outstanding!

Quote:
I seem to recall that in the early days of CCF there was a requirement for members to own at least one Australian coin.
Maybe, not sure I was pestered since I had two when I came in and acquired another in change after that.

Later on, our friend Trout sent me nice package to give me a decent set.
Valued Member
Canada
248 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  5:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 4mile123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9374 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  6:21 pm  Show Profile   Check paralyse's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some truly epic coins being posted here for day #5. I especially love that 1883 Vicky quarter and the Florins. Drool-worthy.

Since we're on Canada, my day #5 coin will be my favorite Canadian coin. I like toned copper, and this definitely counts.

Longhorn Coins & Exonumia
Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC - CCT #890

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7513 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  6:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's my 2007 Thayendanegea Silver Dollar, Enameled Version produced by the Royal Canadian Mint.

I think the Mint did a fantastic job with the enhancing enamel. The colors selected work well together and make the overall design really pop for me. The translucent nature of the enamel provides true depth in the design as it allows the engraved details below the enamel to be seen. A definite winner!

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
20451 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  8:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Who is ready for the Ikes?

Do we have a choice?
Bring it on

Quote:
1976-S 40% Silver Eisenhower dollar

By the way nice Ike !
A cultivated person is a citizen of the world*
Page: of 16 Previous TopicReplies: 237 / Views: 5,793Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.49 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: