Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Anyone Use The RCM Waitlist?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 596Next Topic  

Canada
10 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  5:28 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add MikeyMouse to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Poll Question
Has anyone ever bothered with the RCM waitlist and have they been successful with getting the coin they wanted?

Just as some context, I had ordered a coin back in October 2021 and was charged in October (payment plan). The order was recently cancelled despite it not being sold out for sometime (I remember checking availability in November). My rep essentially told me they forgot to notify me that it sold out, put me on a waitlist for the coin and refund all my pre-payments.

Not confident anything will come out of the waitlist given my recent experiences with the RCM and the poor customer service but curious as to the experience of other members.

Poll Choices
  Put on waitlist and received coin
  Put on waitlist and never received coin
  Never bothered with waitlist

Pillar of the Community
Canada
2894 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2022  01:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The chances of you getting a coin on the wait list is dependent on people cancelling their orders or returning a coin. If it is a hot coin or a very limited mintage coin, you will probably not get one. Of course it helps if you on top of the list so if someone cancels or returns you will be first in line.

I have never gotten a coin through the wait list.
Edited by MoneyPenney
01/20/2022 04:19 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7794 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2022  09:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've never used the Wait List feature - never needed to.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Edited by commems
01/20/2022 3:46 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1311 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2022  12:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dcadon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have often talked with my rep after missing a sale date - and got blocked out by no stock. After telling him what I wanted... he came through.
Canada
10 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2022  7:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MikeyMouse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hmm, thanks for the replies. Just overall disappointed at the experience. I don't understand how they would oversell a coin that didn't sell out instantly and was still in stock a month later. I would have paid for the coin outright instead of through the payment plan if I knew this was going to happen.

Also, they didn't even assign me a rep despite me being almost a diamond member (with this coin pushing me over the threshold). I was only able to get one assigned to me after contacting them recently who said they would waitlist me.
United States
11 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2022  7:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SellerOfAllCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The coins I usually want from them sell out very quickly but didn't know it was possible to get a personal rep.
Is it difficult? Certain criteria to meet?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7794 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  07:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is it difficult? Certain criteria to meet?

Rep assignment is based on purchase volume. For 2022, the minimum (published) purchase amount is $4,500 - the Masters Club's Prestige Level.

Here's a link to more on the MC program and its benefits:

- 2022 Masters Club Loyalty Program.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Canada
10 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2022  11:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add slarti42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
actually very useful. Specially if one has a personal representative consultant at Mint
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 596Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: