Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1960 Proof Penny, DDO? MD? Or Large Date Over Small Date?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 808Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
130 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2022  7:33 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Moosieweed88 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I picked up a bunch of proof sets and inspected every coin and found a few things. This looks like it might be the small date over large date but I need an expert opinion.

Valued Member
United States
130 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2022  7:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Moosieweed88 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My mistake this is a Philadelphia mint set, sorry about the picture quality my loop is pretty scratched up and the coin is still in its OGP.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1710 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2022  7:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks to be FS-101 but very confused by the pics. Are we looking at more than one coin?

After looking again, it would appear to be FS-101 that also has MD. Still confused with the pics though....
-makecents-
Edited by -makecents-
01/20/2022 7:53 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7430 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
638 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2022  7:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gsp193 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am no expert but could it be Large date over a small date? Instead of small date over large?http://www.coppercoins.com/lincoln/...ie_state=mds
Others will be along that know more
Pillar of the Community
United States
2139 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2022  7:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add QuarterHoarder72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's absolutely FS-101, large date over small date! Congrats on an amazing find!

http://www.varietyvista.com/01b%20L...0PDDO001.htm
Cherrypicker/Error Collector
Best Coins:
1971 LMC Double Struck In Collar: http://goccf.com/t/393989
1944-D OMM-001 FS-511
http://goccf.com/t/412322
Valued Member
United States
130 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2022  7:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Moosieweed88 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok sorry for the confusion its all the same coin and it IS a proof set. Its just really hard to get good pictures because the mint cello is so scratched.
Pillar of the Community
United States
638 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2022  8:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gsp193 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great find!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1710 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2022  9:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent find on this variety! Here is what I was referring to with the variety, plus MD. Don't know if this is a positive or negative though. The arrows are pointing to the MD.
-makecents-
Pillar of the Community
United States
5170 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2022  9:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Break it out of the plastic, give us better photos to enjoy, then send it off for grading...That's what I would do.... excellent find...Congrats
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Pillar of the Community
United States
5603 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2022  11:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice and very seldom found, congrats! That's a real tough variety.

-CH27
Collector of U.S. Coins, Varieties, and Colonial Coinage
Bedrock of the Community
United States
44645 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2022  05:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7430 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2022  06:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So, how can a large date over a small date even occur? I mean wouldn't the operator have to be involved to make such an 'error'? The coin would have to be struck once with 'this die' then again with 'that die'?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2916 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2022  07:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add levelsofmadnes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
congratulations on your score Moosieweed88

this is FS-101 all day long and twice on sunday

do NOT take it out of the packaging JUST to take pictures.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2066 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2022  09:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Willburton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes sir nice find!
Valued Member
United States
377 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2022  09:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oddguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nice find do not risk finger prints carefully send it for grading
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 808Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.43 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: