Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1943 Canada 10 Cents DDO?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 468Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1079 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2022  11:09 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add luvmyCAM to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
My far away friends to the North am scratching my head on this one. Looks promising any help would be appreciated. The only extra thickness or doubling I pick up is on the obverse date.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
635 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2022  11:18 pm  Show Profile   Check TerryT's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TerryT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Happens on several other dates, see the question from several days ago about 1942:

http://goccf.com/t/414783

and the other links in that thread.
Edited by TerryT
01/20/2022 11:20 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8835 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2022  01:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The number one reason it's not DDO is because the date you show is on the reverse not the obverse.
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4295 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2022  08:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hard to tell from the photos, but it appears to be MD, not DDR on the Reverse.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1079 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2022  10:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add luvmyCAM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
DBM I take offense to your rude comment. You appear to become highly agitated by simple mistakes? I am here to learn share seek numistic knowledge. If some posts cause you discomfort consider reporting it or simply not responding.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1949 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2022  10:10 am  Show Profile   Check nickelsguy's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nickelsguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Comment was not rude IMO, just factual
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1079 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2022  10:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add luvmyCAM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
TerryT, Okie, thank you don't have any Strike Doubling Canada coinage examples to compare with I still think this may be doubling will attempt clearer shots. Have seen thousands of Machine Doubling on u.s.coins know what why how it occurs. On my example shown it is not flat nor shelf like anyways let me see about better pics. Thanks again
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1079 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2022  10:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add luvmyCAM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nicklesguy glad to see your eagerness to pounce don't forget now the main premise was an actual numistic question. Thank you for your opinion on matter
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1949 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2022  10:51 am  Show Profile   Check nickelsguy's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nickelsguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There was no pounce. Aside from that......If it were MD I would expect to see it on all 4 digits of the date? With images provided I can see no issues with the 3. Is that confirmed in hand?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4295 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2022  10:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
On Canada large cents, I see MD very often where the whole of the design elemnet is not doubled. It all depends on how much the die moves when starting to retract and in what direction. It doesn't have to involve every digit., at least what I see on large cents.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8835 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2022  1:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ luvmyCAM
I was just being factual.
You still have about ten hours to edit your text and title.
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Edited by DBM
01/21/2022 1:19 pm
Learn More...
Canada
10158 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2022  3:17 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This series is notorious for the doubling effect you see from 1939 through to 1952, both from Machine Doubling and Die Deterioration Doubling. You see all kinds of examples, which start like you show here, and get more extreme. Your coin looks like the early stages of Die Deterioration Doubling to me.

"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 468Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.29 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: