Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Requesting Grade Opinions For 1878 Morgan

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 716Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
2236 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2022  11:18 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Any grading opinion for this old lady would be appreciated. These are seller's photos.

"Nummi rari mira sunt, si sumptus ferre potes." - Christophorus filius Scotiae
Pillar of the Community
United States
867 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2022  11:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add flag4 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice luster but lots of chatter. Strong MS63 in my opinion.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
67743 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2022  12:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say MS-63 as well.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4024 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1528 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2022  12:52 pm  Show Profile   Check jacrispies's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Obvious disruptance in luster. AU-55
Pillar of the Community
United States
2236 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  09:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I appreciate everyone's thoughts on this coin. When in hand, will attempt to provide fresh photos although my skills will probably be no better than these from the dealer. Thank you.
"Nummi rari mira sunt, si sumptus ferre potes." - Christophorus filius Scotiae
Pillar of the Community
United States
3719 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  09:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sharply struck without obvious wear, but a lot of chatter everywhere. I'd say MS-62.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11919 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  1:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
bold strike which if normal. I think a little too many marks/abrasion/scuffs to make 63

MS62
Pillar of the Community
United States
637 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  3:26 pm  Show Profile   Check pristine2's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add pristine2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Put me down at MS62.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5845 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  9:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see the luster disruptions mentioned by jacrispies but the overall look still seems mint state. I could see a TPG MS-62 grade. Eye appeal is pretty nice.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
882 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2022  05:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TobyJ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I put it down as MS62 with a low possibility of MS63.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1357 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2022  10:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
looks MS-62 to me but the color of the coin is a little concerning , maybe just the pics but could of been dipped in the past.
Valued Member
United States
175 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2022  10:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jakes Coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would guess ms62
I've only been collecting for a couple years (2017). Favorite Coin's are Standing Liberty quarters, Working on my type set: "knowledge is power" -Thomas Jefferson
Pillar of the Community
United States
4577 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2022  11:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fenton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Technically AU-58 since it is showing some signs of wear but in today's grading market I think she'd make MS-62.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2716 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2022  2:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-58. It's a tossup on eye appeal, balancing the contact marks with SPL surfaces. Solid strike.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
545 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2022  2:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnjkedel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No real evidence of wear to me .. unless you are considering some of the chatter and contact marks as wear. I think all those marks keep it at MS-62.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 716Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: