Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Coins From 1922!

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 73 / Views: 1,790Next Topic
Page: of 5
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
811 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2022  7:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add otto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The coins were marked "BR.AL."

Interesting. I went through a few that I have and found two.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3831 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2022  7:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Germany 3 Mark

India 1/2 Pice

Italy 5 Centesimi

Latvia 5 Santimi

Norway 2 Ore

Sweden 2 Ore
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,800 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
3823 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2022  8:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a few from from 100 years ago as well.

Two types of Halfcrown in 1922, the common later one ( 50/50 - Ag/Cu)

The coin on the right is the later one.

Early type of 1922 - the scarce one and with 50/40/10 mix (Silver, Copper, Nickel)

Notice that the shield's lip touches the crown band, later in 1922 this was changed to show a gap and wear better.

This coin is VF but has stains, my guess is the low quality post war production. I heard one story that old shell casings were used for the copper!

Also for you a high grade 1922 British shilling!

1922 shillings are very common in worn grades, but above VF they get quite scarce - this is a very high VF getting close to EF.

Most 1920s silver did not wear this well, as it was base silver these coins survived in the UK for Decades.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
3823 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2022  8:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a 1922 Florin too, but its pretty nasty. Here is an Australian shilling for you.

And a penny

Both quite average

New Zealand sadly did not have any coins but these tokens were issued sometime in the early 1920s.

After world war 1 there was a initiative to get returned soldiers to become farmers and many got free or discounted land blocks in some pretty marginal areas with little cash. Hence these tokens were paid out as wages and credit.

There is not much information on when they were made, but many suggest it was sometime between 1918 and 1930 and they were used up to the 1940s. The lettering and shape of them (Round, base metals of brass for low shillings, and cupronickel for the 10/-, 20/- and even 40/- values) all point to the post war early 20s slump.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
Bedrock of the Community
United Kingdom
10316 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  04:17 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1922 Sweden 2 kronor:
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Sweden
1050 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  05:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add erafjel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Sweden 2 Ore

Quote:
1922 Sweden 2 kronor

Nice . These still showed up in circulation in the 1970s.

The portraits of George V and Gustaf V look strikingly similar. They clearly agreed on hair and beard style for a gentleman (Gustaf V had beard on his chin, but it doesn't show too well on these coins).

In case you wonder about the text on the Swedish 2 kronor "MED FOLKET FÍR FOSTERLANDET" (you may not, but I'm going to tell you anyway! ): That is the motto of Gustaf V and translates to "With the people for the land of our fathers." Each king chooses a motto and it was placed on the larger denomination coins until 2016. I believe it is only Sweden and Norway that used to place the king's motto on their coins, other monarchies just lists the monarch's titles (which is present as well on Swedish and Norwegian coins).

Edited: Changed motto translation from that of Wikipedia to the official one.
Edited by erafjel
01/22/2022 06:25 am
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3831 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  06:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Japan 1 Sen

Czechoslovakia 1 Koruna

Brazil 200 Reis

Greece 10 Lepta

Belgium 1 Franc
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,800 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3831 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  06:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Australia half penny

Great Britain 3 pence

U.S.A. 1922D Lincoln cent
OFEC count = 237
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
3823 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  09:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A couple more

Canadian Penny, small size just 2 years after they stopped making the large sized ones.

Imperial (British) penny - the last date of penny until 1926

French 1 Franc and 5 centimes coins. After WW1 good silver coins were replaced with this worthless brass token coinage.
Bedrock of the Community
United Kingdom
10316 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  1:05 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Australian 1922 sixpence and lowball florin:

At least Australian silver coins in 1922 were still made of sterling silver, unlike their British equivalents!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3831 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  7:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Numisrob, your florin might be lowball, but at least it's still better than mine.

OFEC count = 237
Pillar of the Community
United States
1509 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  10:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is one I snagged from a dealers junk silver foreign coin bucket a few days ago for just silver melt . A Netherlands 1922 guilden...

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
20477 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  10:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1922 US,Peace Dollar.

A cultivated person is a citizen of the world*
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
20477 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  11:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1922 R Italy.
10 centesimi,

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
20477 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  11:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1922 Estados Unidos Mexicanos.
Un Peso.

Page: of 5 Previous TopicReplies: 73 / Views: 1,790Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.46 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: