Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1960 Large Date Lincoln Grading Skills Besides Being Very Pale Find Big Problem

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 308Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
654 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  12:15 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I have picked up a thing or two in the last few months. The coin doesn't have a strong strike but appears to be mostly problem free (mostly free of hits). This is why grading from a picture is tricky. Who has a skilled eye? I am not trying to trick you. This coin won't get a 63 and its BU from roll. No photoshopping or whatever it's called.

Forgot to post pictures LOL
Edited by grospoisson
01/22/2022 12:16 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1622 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  1:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nick10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-66
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11913 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  1:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
better photo of obverse needed. shot at 67RD
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17875 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  1:45 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17198 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  2:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow you guys must be seeing things that I'm not . MS-64RD .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
United States
654 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  5:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Same obverse notice the mark between N and G of IN GOD WE TRUST

This may be a good example for someone to refer back to? I honestly do not do this because it would defeat my purpose. Heck Maybe I haven't run across any ms-67's. All I can add to that is I purchased three different graded ms-67's and one 68 to use as a reference. Two from PCGS and two from NGC. Sorry not true I bought all 2009's in ms-67 that were graded by ANACS. All I saw was the same kind of coins I usually see but fewer contact marks.
Edited by grospoisson
01/22/2022 5:38 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
67704 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  5:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wait, this can't be the same coin as the original?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1622 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  10:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nick10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
so, the rotated pic is a different view of the same obverse? what's your point or question?
Pillar of the Community
United States
654 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2022  06:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Wait, this can't be the same coin as the original?

It is indeed the same coin! There is a carbon spot between the N and G of IN GOD WE TRUST. I thought it might be the fastest way to show you it's the same coin. That would be so wrong of me to have done that. You try to help me so much. That wouldn't be funny.
Pillar of the Community
United States
654 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2022  06:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
so, the rotated pic is a different view of the same obverse? what's your point or question?

Sorry nick10, The coin has a large hairline right down the middle. I guess my point was that when I post a picture, I do not try to improve the coin by changing the angle, The angle can disguise multiple problems. When I hope you give me an opinion on a coin, I make sure the picture shows you the problems, so I can get an accurate opinion. In hand, 5 power loupe and 30 or 40 power coin microscope gives a person a whole different perspective of a coin. In my mind I was making a point, but I might be out of my mind.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1622 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2022  11:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nick10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, your points are too subtle, for me at least, to recognize. I gather your point of this thread is that photos can be deceiving. That's certainly true. It's simpler to just state such things in your message so the rest of us are not left guessing what you are up to.

About the line that goes through Lincoln's bottom lip, if it is raised it's due to a scratch on the die, and the coin remains straight gradeable. If instead that line is a scratch across the coin, it might receive a details attribution.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 308Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: