Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1894 5cent - How About This One?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 567Next Topic  
Valued Member
Canada
152 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  1:10 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add wallyb to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Pillar of the Community
Canada
798 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  2:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silver101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
EF-ish; possibly cleaned at some point? Basing that on the obverse...
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8835 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  2:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Correctly graded.
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Valued Member
Canada
152 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  3:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wallyb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your opinions DBM are lacking in rationale, other than you seem to simply agree with the TPG.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8835 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  3:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You are using other peoples photos without permission or acknowledgement for your own potential gain, not for general educational purposes. That is unethical and possibly illegal.
I believe that if you (or anyone) want us to act as your eBay shopping assistant, you should in all fairness, acknowledge the seller.
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Edited by DBM
01/22/2022 3:55 pm
Valued Member
Canada
152 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  4:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wallyb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your pompous and arrogant approach to communication is without equal.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
798 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  9:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silver101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was not aware posting eBay photos was frowned upon here. I've done it dozens of times to get judgment calls on coins I was interested. Is that really considered to be problematic? Is it illegal?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4234 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  9:24 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When you borrow someone's photos you should always
Credit the source .
Valued Member
Canada
152 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  07:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wallyb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My intent was to generate discussion as part of my personal research into this particular type of coin. This forum exists for that purpose, I believe. Use of any photos on this forum would in all likelihood fall under the 'fair use' exception to international copyright laws. No one is trying to profit from someone else's work by posting a photo here for others to comment on. The approach taken by DBM in expressing his/her concerns was arrogant, confrontational and less than helpful. IF legitimate concerns existed I would suggest it could have been handled much differently without the need to grandstand.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
798 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  08:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silver101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Did you buy the coin in the end? I'm more of a NFLD guy but that is a nice one.
Valued Member
Canada
152 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  7:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wallyb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No. I am new to this particular coin, that's why I was looking for input (without the judgemental stuff). I'm not experienced in silver, all of my more recent buys have been gold. Your opinion about possible cleaning does concern me though. I didn't catch that, and it is graded by ICCS.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3683 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  3:43 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
that's why I was looking for input (without the judgemental stuff)

perhaps a preamble with what you were looking for when you started the post may have helped.
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 567Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: