Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Your Thoughts On Trueview For Grading Lincolns (Here's One Reason)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 286Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
654 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  6:12 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

This is one of a hundred reasons it's so hard to grade for me. The coin in the picture is nothing special in hand. I think the picture made it look better. I tried to adjust the lighting as best I could. I rotated the reverse 90 degrees took picture then corrected. If you graded from the picture, I think you would say 66 maybe not

Oh! by the way the brown is actually refection because the coin is shiny (I don't know the right word?)
Edited by grospoisson
01/22/2022 6:16 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
67709 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  6:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Confused - you're saying this is a Trueview pic?
Pillar of the Community
United States
654 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  6:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Confused - you're saying this is a Trueview pic?

Sorry, it's a picture I took 30 minutes ago. The coin seems nice to me, But I have looked at so many coins the last two weeks my head is spinning. I will have to take a break because every coin is a 67 or every Coin is a dud

I always appreciate your responses!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
67709 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  6:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
On their own merit, the two original pics are too dense, bright and soft to see surface details clearly.
Pillar of the Community
United States
654 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2022  06:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
On their own merit, the two original pics are too dense, bright and soft to see surface details clearly.

Totally agree, It depends on the time of day (don't laugh)

Early morning it seems that I can adjust the lighting. I never realized that when trying to learn how to accurately grade a coin that photography is just as important. Heck, so are computer skills. This is why it takes years to learn this stuff, I guess
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17875 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  3:18 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks around 66RD.

Hopefully you have joined ha.com. There you will find MANY pictures to look at, far more than PCGS has. Warning, if you're geeking out on coins, it's easy to lose a couple of hours. I have MEGA hours on ha.com, the pictures are very good.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11915 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  08:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i think this is one of the better ones you posted.

MS67RD
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 286Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: