Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Can I Get A Few Opinions On This Ebay Listing?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 1,088Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8965 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2022  09:37 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Something looks 'fishy' with this listing.
Can I get a few opinions as to what might be going on here?
(I do have my own on this but would like a few others)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/115214987151
Pillar of the Community
United States
5113 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2022  09:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't see anything wrong with it other than the coins all seem blotchy and have haze. I think $300 maybe high.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8965 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
6105 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2022  10:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's a tough year I think he can get $300+ for the set, another seller has $320 bids going on similar boxed set.https://www.ebay.com/itm/393878210937
But what is noticeable is that seller's finger prints are all over the cello wraps.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5113 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2022  10:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The OGP has been opened. I see tape on the OGP and it looks like Tape on the plastic/coin holders. That was a given, I was looking for something nefarious. I doubt anyone didn't see the tape.

I was saying $300 maybe high for hazy, blotchy coins. The eye appeal reduces the value for me that is.
Edited by hfjacinto
01/23/2022 10:07 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
68817 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2022  10:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good feedback and 30-day return privileges.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8965 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2022  10:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The OGP has been opened. I see tape on the OGP and it looks like Tape on the plastic/coin holders. That was a given,

Well, yes the 'OGP box was opened - I wasn't referring to that. having the box opened is ok to me. I was referring to the tape on the cello (I guess I should have notated that), my concern here is - were the coins taken out and replaced with others?
I found another by a different seller with tape on the cello packages. in this sellers notes further down you can click to enlarge the pictures. Did the Mint use tape this year to secure the cello?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/393878210937
Pillar of the Community
United States
8494 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2022  12:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Suggest sending a message to the seller, asking about what appears to be tape on the cello. Maybe ask for a pic or two which shows all the coins together--within the packaging.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17710 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  10:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't believe that is tape. I believe that is actually what the original cellophanes looked like.
Gary Schmidt
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8965 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  07:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Suggest sending a message to the seller, asking about what appears to be tape on the cello. Maybe ask for a pic or two which shows all the coins together--within the packaging

I did just that before posting here, never got any reply from seller...
Pillar of the Community
United States
8494 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  08:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tough call. If the seller hasn't responded, I'd walk away--but that's just me. Follow your gut.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8965 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  08:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Tough call. If the seller hasn't responded, I'd walk away--but that's just me. Follow your gut.

When I come across 'The silence of the sellers', I do usually walk away, as I did with this one..
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17949 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  3:26 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks fine to me, this is how they look. 1952 is a tough year for proofs, even if the coins were replaced they still have a lot of value as long as they're proofs.

Here's some shots my set. My grandfather only paid $24.50 for it!

Lincoln Cent Lover!
Edited by BadThad
01/26/2022 3:27 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8965 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17949 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  10:56 am  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Thanks BT. nice set - great price.

I am grateful he started collecting in the 1940's and that he willed his collection to my brother and I.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Learn More...
United States
113436 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  11:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I am grateful he started collecting in the 1940's and that he willed his collection to my brother and I.
I am grateful you carry the torch!
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 1,088Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: