Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1992 D Penny Would This Be Doubling On The Date And On The Reverse The Word America

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 404Next Topic  
Valued Member

159 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2022  11:58 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Sanaul to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
15173 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2022  12:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That looks like DDD ( Die Deterioration Doubling), a worthless type of doubling.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8508 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2022  12:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with JimmyD.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
45110 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2022  12:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep, DDD.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
159 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2022  1:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sanaul to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok thank u and you were able to tell that because all the designs were doubled? for future reference
Edited by Sanaul
01/23/2022 1:33 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
45110 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2022  1:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was able to tell that by looking through my share of cents and by learning early on in my numismatic hobby. Bookmark this site: https://koinpro.tripod.com/Articles...Doubling.htm
John1
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9000 Posts
Valued Member
159 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2022  2:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sanaul to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thank you for sharing your knowledge John much appreciated
Edited by Sanaul
01/23/2022 2:34 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58041 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2022  3:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Often on the reverse we will see split plating on those areas. But the dies are showing age with the DDD break down on them These will affect the fields with a distortion on the the sides of the devices facing the rims affected.

Date to the right, Liberty to the left and the Motto on the tops of the devices.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
8174 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2022  5:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Download and read: Grading the graders
Costly TPG ineptitude and No FG Kennedy halves
https://ln5.sync.com/dl/7ca91bdd0/w...i3b-rbj9fir2
Valued Member
United States
99 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  07:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wheatman77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the doubling that is easy to see, easy to find and is cool looking is worthless, but not to me, I keep and pay for these.
The doubling that just looks like fat letters/numbers hard to find, not exciting looking and is worth money, funny how that works.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2385 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  07:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@wheat this id not DD you look for catch the fish wherever you sel. If you pay an make moneys, good for you. Here we look for real things.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
45110 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  07:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
funny how that works.

Supply & Demand
John1
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2385 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  07:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You are always funny John.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
45110 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  08:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 404Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: