Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1986 P Quarter Multiple Errors? Help!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 455Next Topic  

United States
5 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  8:29 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Hobby2016 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi. I have found the same coin year and mint. I too have a 6 thar is on my coin. It is faint but there. I also think there may be an 8 next to the 8 in the year...but that number is fainter than the 6 and I am not sure if it is there. This coin needs the right lighting. So how can there be two coins with the same extra 6?
Learn More...
United States
23271 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  8:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@hobby, first welcome to CCF. Second, best practice is to avoid reanimating old threads with new coins. Therefore, I have split your reply into its own thread. Here is a link back to the original thread that you referenced:

http://goccf.com/t/334335#3571160

Finally, in order to help you, we are going to need to see pics of your specific coin.

"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
United States
8063 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  9:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Eager to see full, large and sharp photos.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7485 Posts
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  9:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hobby2016 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hope this worked..sorry if I didnt do this right.

Pillar of the Community
United States
8370 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  10:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We really need to see the whole coin, both sides please. Thanks.

to the CCF!
ša va bien aller

United States
5 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  10:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hobby2016 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
United States
8370 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  11:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can you focus it for us please? Not sharp enough.
ša va bien aller

United States
5 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  11:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hobby2016 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will see of I can use someones phone with a better camera in a day or two. Thank you for trying to help.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1529 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  12:20 am  Show Profile   Check jacrispies's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe you are seeing things. This coin exhibits damage, staining, and wear that can make strange patterns. It's called Pareidolia.
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  07:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hobby2016 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting. Thank you for everyone's time.
Learn More...
United States
112310 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 455Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.29 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: